Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Speed Limits

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Only areas you have to be careful are through mountainous regions or canyons following the contour of a river/stream due to its curves. Although the majority of people will loose coverage in these areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Kinematic wrote:I believe I set it to 65 for the reason that MDT says that once you enter a urbanized population SL drops to 65. If you know where about we can fix it.

I think that's only for non-restricted-access highways. The posted limit is 75 between exits 305 and 313.

I was surprised how many curves were still ahead of the change to 80 going down to Livingston. I thought they'd at least wait until the bottom of the hill. And it didn't slow down for any populated areas I passed through before I turned around in Park City.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:20 pm

PhoenixofMT wrote:
Kinematic wrote:I believe I set it to 65 for the reason that MDT says that once you enter a urbanized population SL drops to 65. If you know where about we can fix it.

I think that's only for non-restricted-access highways. The posted limit is 75 between exits 305 and 313.

Is it 80 after 313?

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:29 am

Not for a long ways. I'll drop a UR next to the sign.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:47 am

PhoenixofMT wrote:I'll drop a UR next to the sign.

I finished it off to Billings. You can close that UR and not sure why this UR is still open? Sometimes the reason is loss of GPS signal. Waze tries to pre-load the map for you, but in this case I assume the GPS lost signal and tried to reroute you back on track.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:15 am

Done.
I left it open in case some developer was interested. The general feeling seemed to be that no one was sure why the "avoid freeways" feature exists and no effort would be put into fixing it.
The client instructed me to exit the freeway far in advance from both directions -- it wasn't a GPS problem. You can see the directions to exit, U-turn, and get back on the freeway.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 am

Guess I missed the "Avoid Freeway" part.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:49 pm

I dropped some more URs between Bozeman and Butte.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:58 pm

State Hwy 225.png
(178.74 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
I suppose it's about due time we come to a concensus about speed limits on our secondary hwy's traveling through counties on back roads like this. We know that these can change due to seasonal conditions. Although during the summer I'm doing about 55 :lol:
I'm thinking 35mph

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Isn't the legal limit 70 even though that's probably not an advisable speed? We shouldn't program in advised speeds... That's not what the app warning is for.
Post a reply