Post by TheChrisK
herrchin wrote:This is really old memory, but I thought MT got shields for State Hwy and that's why it was kept. If true, but SH- also gives shields, or if neither give shields, but all TTS correct, than it's a matter of display preference, yes? And/or consistency with other states.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Looking at the sheet for state shields, it looks like it was set for S-### which currently translates to ess ###. I guess I need to get that updated. Not sure where they are at with state shields.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States

Post by TheChrisK
herrchin wrote:S- was the desired future format, but was going to be dependent on shield implementation and also a TTS update (like Nebraska received). I think it may have even been you to add S- to the shield sheet, way back when, Chris?

MT- gives no shield currently.

State Hwy does give a generic shield.

SH- does not appear to give a generic shield in the few examples I found of it in Idaho. I think that's why MT left "State Hwy" for the interim. They were going to be updated to S- anyway, and might as well have shields until then. That's what my fuzzy memory remembers...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I have revised my original post. We will hold off for now. Thanks for bringing up the state shields and TTS. I forgot I still had access to the sheet.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
banished wrote:I found MT-xxx on State Hwy xxx (S-xxx routes), which is not in accordance with the MT wiki. So far, most of them in the north-central region (Hill County) and I restored them back to the State Hwy xxx format so we're not propagating the naming mismatch.

It is also because when the time comes for shields, Waze should just be able to mass-update everything with "State Hwy" in the primary or alternate field to whatever the correct format turns out to be, but that's problematic if some are MT-xxx and some are State Hwy xxx.
Good catch on those secondary highways. Thanks for fixing them.

When the shields get closer to release, what do you recommend we do to make the transition easier?
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
stephenr1966 wrote:
State Road Shields US Sheet wrote:Montana \bMT-(\d{1,4}S?)\b(?: [NSEW])?(?:$| \/| \(| Expwy) to, Exit 22 Black White MT-84 / MT-200S https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... MT-200.svg
According to the sheet set up ages ago for Road Shields implementation it looks like Montana is going with MT-### for their state highways. Not sure if this is static at this point (since they haven't yet been implemented we might still be able to change). As of now, though, only the MT-### roads will be implemented as shields.

r/
Steve
Montana's primary state highways will be MT-### but their secondary highways are named State Hwy ###. How easy would it be to make changes to this regarding secondary highways? Should we just wait until the shields are implemented then come up with a standard for secondary highways?
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
stephenr1966 wrote:Chris,

Does the shield appearance differ between primary and secondary state highways? Can you get an image of whichever one is different from the one linked above? I'm not even 100% sure we can still update the sheet, but I'll find out and will help you make the changes if we can.
Yes, they are different. Montana Secondary Highways have a unique shield. I appreciate your help!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ec-323.svg
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
stephenr1966 wrote:On second look there is a second line (with that shield) for Montana. It appears to be set up for S-### vice State Hwy ###, though. Still checking to see if this can be changed...
Montana \bS-(\d{3})\b(?: [NSEW])?(?:$| \/| \(| Expwy) to, Exit 74 Black White S-236 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ec-236.svg
I wasn't managing Montana when this was added so I'm not sure if the Secondary Hwys were ironed out before the sheet was submitted.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
Also we probably need to iron out the TTS for Secondary Highways.

The regex would always be S-### (S with three letters). This shouldn't conflict with Nebraska Spurs which are always S-##X (S with one or two numbers and a letter).

Looking at documentation it seems customary to refer to them as "Secondary Highway ###". Although the locals may not use this terminology, it appears the state refers to them as such.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK