Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Las Vegas - CC215 Hwy/Fwy MPH

Post by tykxboy
I've noticed that CC215 in Las Vegas has no speed limit assigned for the northern section starting at Cheyenne / Cliff Shadows Pkwy. This includes the sections under construction at Lone Mountain and Ann Rd and at the interchange with US-95 that are temporarily 45mph during construction. How are temporarily construction speed limit changes handled?

Also noticed the main road by my house has a section that showing as 45mph, but should be 35. I can't change anything since I'm still level 1, but since I'm new I wanted to ask about it before requesting an update/unlock request.

Thanks!
tykxboy
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17149112

Send a message
tykxboy
AM: Las Vegas, NV, USA - AM: Southern California, USA / Level 4
"This message was created using 100% recycled electrons."
images/ranks/EditLevel4_Badge.pngimages/ranks/AreaManager_Badge.pngimages/ranks/MapRaider_Badge_63px.png

Post by SuperDave1426
This is an old posting that I'm replying to, but in case you didn't ever get a reply (and good for anyone new who's browsing the forum....).
tykxboy wrote:I've noticed that CC215 in Las Vegas has no speed limit assigned for the northern section starting at Cheyenne / Cliff Shadows Pkwy. This includes the sections under construction at Lone Mountain and Ann Rd and at the interchange with US-95 that are temporarily 45mph during construction. How are temporarily construction speed limit changes handled?
We typically don't change the speed limit to match a temporary change due to construction. Typically, we just list what the permanent speed limit is for that road. Currently, Waze doesn't provide for a method of setting a temporary change of speed limit that expires after a certain amount of time (like with road closures). Drivers are still expected to be aware of their surroundings and to follow signs that are placed on a road at a given point in time. ;-)
Also noticed the main road by my house has a section that showing as 45mph, but should be 35. I can't change anything since I'm still level 1, but since I'm new I wanted to ask about it before requesting an update/unlock request.
An incorrect speed limit, on the other hand, is a different matter. If Waze has the speed limit wrong and you know it because you've driven on that road, then see if you can put out a call for someone to assist you in WME chat, or post the request in the forum as you mention above. If you post a general call for help in the chat room in the editor, be sure you mention city and state, since not all editors can edit everywhere, regardless of their rank. By mentioning city & state on a request, other editors won't have to jump to you just to find out they can't help, and you'll have a better chance to get someone to assist you.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message