Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Fredo-p
SuperDave1426 wrote:That's interesting.... What's the point of setting up two one-way streets to control access in that fashion? How does it restrict routing through somewhere if there have more than one entrance (especially given that the rest of the streets in the complex are all streets and not private roads)?

Sure, I agree wait until we know something one way or another. I just had set up those entrances (and made the screenshots) based on Jemay's last posting here where he described that method of in-and-out. But if that's being revised, then by all means hold off on using those examples. I can always make more if there is, in fact, a change from what Jemay suggested.

But I really would like to know how two one-way streets going through the gate is going to discourage Waze from routing through.... :-)
I can't remember the exact discussion that came about when the one-way segments was created, but it has to do with penalties and how the penalties will force Waze to route the way we want it to. Kind of like a wayfinder for private installations.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by jemay
I keep going back to the Private installations.
This would include the big private residences and gated communities. The first example that SuperDave gave was before we finalized the Private Installations wiki and he set it the way we had it back then. Now if he asked me about it today, I would recommend that only the one segment into the community set as private and the rest set as street or appropriate FC. BUT I would NOT go through and change all of it now.... It is set and currently it works!

But for the majority of the trailer parks and inside a small block areas, then private all of them like the second example.

The current wiki was bantered around a lot and tested a lot so we know it works. One thing that we can not handle is a guest vs residence entrance(s), we are going to get complaints no matter what we do about those.

So I would read the wiki (which I did again) and if there is something that needs to be adjusted, please bring it up and we can discuss it! And if need be we can suggest changes to the wiki!
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
Main Entrance:
In = Private
Out = street

Res Entrance:
In = Private + Street + Private
Out = street

Note: None of the above with unnecessary turn restrictions... And inside the complex is set as streets.

The above will cause the routing to go through the Main Entrance and leave by the best route out. When the residence ignore the route and goes through the Res Entrance there will be no error and auto route without any issues.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Post by jemay
Simple answer yes... but need to make sure that the "residence entrance" does allow the guest to exit there also...I know of a few that require the guest to exit via the man gate....
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
In = Into the complex, So normally only one segment from the public street into the complex set as Privet. But for Resident Entrance you will need three segments first one off the public street is private then next segment is street and the next segment is private. Note if you have house numbers then make sure the three segments (Pv-S-Pv) do not have house numbers on it (and most likely 5m each) and the next segment would be street which should have the house number assigned to it.
Out = Out of the complex
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
What I see now looks like what I explained and is setup for Residents vs Guests.
Streets out will mean you will be routed out of the complex via the best route out.

Yes 5m is the minimum.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
MojaveCactusMonkey wrote:Your examples look great Dave. However, I put a question in to Jemay who helped me work on a different community where the resident and guest entrance utilized a street instead of private one way entrance. I'd like to get clarification before we make anything official. Do you agree?

Sierra Monte guest/resident entry

Both examples of guest/resident entry are working fine from my sampling with Live Map. I'm not sure if there is a difference that needs to be clarified.?

-Marty
I have fixed that segment, it needs to be a private segment. If it is street then you have street into, through, and exit out of the complex so you could get a through route, so that is why it needs to be a private segment.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MojaveCactusMonkey
ABC,
The Las Vegas Country Club has a side entrance for residents only, and a main entrance for everyone else. I made a small one way out segment at the side entrance to keep routing through the community. There are also exits out of some apartment communities that are truly exits only, but this Las Vegas Country club had a lot of route through issues despite the private roads. I haven't seen any routing through issues here in a long while.

The Rhodes Ranch community is a private guard gated community that would get a lot of URs from residents coming from the east side and were routed around to the back entrance even though they lived inside the west side of the community. I changed the front and back entrance to private from primary road and left the rest of the community as streets. It seemed to solve the problem.
MojaveCactusMonkey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signatures/cones-5-small.png
MENTOR / COUNTRY MANAGER - USA

Adding PLACES?
NV Forum. NV Wiki
RI Forum. RI Wiki
CT Forum. CT Wiki

Did I miss something? I thought that on private gated communities with a resident only entrance AND a public guard gated entrance we would use a one way out street at the resident only entrance. Residents would know how to get home, and Waze would catch up with routing once inside. This way the visitors would be guided to the guard gated front entrance. I've done this on a few communities like Las Vegas Country Club community though Machete808(5) edited it today to make the whole segment one way private out. I had originally had a very small segment as one way out, and haven't yet found an issue being routed to addressses within the community through this resident only entrance.
MojaveCactusMonkey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Adding PLACES?
NV Forum. NV Wiki
RI Forum. RI Wiki
CT Forum. CT Wiki

I know it took a couple times for ABC836 and myself to close a MP report before it disappeared. Seems like a wazer kept ignoring a Waze shortcut. It's similar to "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" We may never know... Lol
MojaveCactusMonkey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Adding PLACES?
NV Forum. NV Wiki
RI Forum. RI Wiki
CT Forum. CT Wiki