FC Conversion

Post by the1who
Hello fellow Nevada Wazers. This is particular to the Vegas area as we try this Functional Classification conversion. It will provide a definitive guide to what road types should be, in conjunction with official state maps, provided by NDOT and their FC maps.

There has been much discussion and debate, but I think this will provide a positive product experience. I don't know how many users use the map editor color scheme anyways, so the average user may never see a change anyways. This is to address the disconnect with what road type selections should be, and to help facilitate better routing as a by product. Will it change anything else, not really, but hopefully the better user experience will be a result.

Here are some links to our resources so you know that me and other area managers are not just making this up.

The discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=85397

The decision:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=89435

The Wiki Revision:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_types/USA

And NDOT FC maps:
http://www.nevadadot.com/About_NDOT/NDO ... FCMGS.aspx

I hope this helps explains the direction we are going with the map editing here lately, so that we are on the same page, and a way to share any issues we come across in the process.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:872208

Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by cactusmonkey1966
These are minimum standards. So there may be some streets I've made primary streets which are higher than the functional classification requirements. This makes sense. Even some areas where the streets are not completed through to the other major streets I've converted as the rules state. In some cases where the road is actually a dirt road I've questioned as to routing so I'll address these individually with the country managers Jemay and the1who as per the directions.
cactusmonkey1966
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Have you read Wiki yet? What's your favorite Wiki?
Area Manager Las Vegas Metropolitan area, Boulder City, Pahrump and Reno/Sparks NV
Map Editing Quick Start Guide
How to use PLACES

Post by the1who
I ran into that last night as well, I'll have to revisit some of those segments, some that are broken by canal system and so forth. It truly then comes to what it really is based from what the engineers thought or surveyed as. A work in progress, any issues, hope to get feedback here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100