Private Road Drawn for Driveway

Post by PTaylor_US
I had misinterpreted the wiki section on house numbers
If an address is on an unnamed road (private, parking lot, etc.) and the marker is a long way from the actual house location, delete the Waze house number and add a private residence Place marker which contains only the address.
and believed that if the house was beyond the standard distance from the segement, a private road should be added for the long driveway and a residential Place be added instead. I will fix my mistakes, but should anything be done to other private roads used for simple driveways? Should they be deleted? Here's an example:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-104.54509&lat=39.06316&layers=2977&zoom=6&segments=8551211,8546163
PTaylor_US

POSTER_ID:17074645

Send a message

Post by bgodette
If they don't have multiple residences AND the center of the structure or center of parcel (assessors GIS is handy for that) isn't closer to some other road than their street address, it can be deleted.

That center is important as Waze routes to the closest drivable segment to the coordinates returned by search, so removing a private drive can potentially cause routing issues depending on what's near-by.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
If the HN hasn't been edited (wiggled) it doesn't override 3rd party results, and even then we still aren't sure it's 100% effective. All the imported HN data I've seen has placed the point in the geographic center of the parcel, which is where the county GIS sources place it.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PTaylor_US
The House Numbers in WME page of the wiki says that if the location (house) has a house number in WME, it will route correctly even if the house number marker might be closer to a different road segment. Is this correct? So does the center of the plot you mentioned only affect addresses that do not have a WME house number?
PTaylor_US
Send a message