Navigation Issue to House Number

Post by PTaylor_US
I had to add a driveway back to this address because otherwise the navigation was incorrect. As you can see, the house number is set with the stop point on Reata Rd. Shouldn't this cause navigation to the stop point? Instead, it was navigating to Fannin Cir. It was acting as though it was completely ignoring the house number that is set and navigating to the closest road to the GPS center of the property the way it does when there isn't a house number set in Waze. Like I said, for now I put the driveway back in there which should fix it, but I'd like to know why it is not working the way I am expecting it to.

1608 Reata Rd
PTaylor_US

POSTER_ID:17074645

Send a message

Post by bgodette
I see that the HN was last edited by you, presumably on the 4th. If the HN was previously untouched search results will use whatever Google returns; this is usually the geographic center of the property lot, which is likely closer to Fannin Cir.

The two solutions are "touch" the HN (just move it a bit), wait for a tile rebuild (could be up to 10 days), and Waze should now navigate to that spot. The other solution is to create a Residential Place and position it at the start of the driveway.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PTaylor_US
I touched the HN again on the fourth, but I had touched it many months ago.
PTaylor_US
Send a message