New Wiki Colorado State Page

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Team,

JaredTheKing and I have completed the new Colorado State page.

I will be moving it to the main page for the state in the next week. If you see anything that you believe is a problem, please let us know.

If you are an area manager in the state, please review the area manager table and consider adding (or updating) yourself in the table using the links in the table. If you are not sure how to do it just send me a PM.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Boise ID and SF/SJ Bay Area of Northern California
Has thanked: 1565 times
Been thanked: 1779 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby bgodette » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:22 pm

There needs to be a section of CDOT's FC Map (http://dtdapps.coloradodot.info/otis/Flex/MapView) and the translation matrix that's used due to complete absence of Collectors after following standard FC+US/SH.

All Collectors in CDOT's FC Map are State Highways which automatically become mH. To fill the standard mapping of Collector -> Primary Street, the non-FC type of Major Road has been used.

Census Designated Places are allowed for city name field.

Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby dmcrandall » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:34 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:I will be moving it to the main page for the state in the next week. If you see anything that you believe is a problem, please let us know.


It's time to move, Kent. 8-)
"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley
[ img ]
US Country Manager
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Phoenix
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:05 am

Done.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Boise ID and SF/SJ Bay Area of Northern California
Has thanked: 1565 times
Been thanked: 1779 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby dmcrandall » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:07 am

bgodette wrote:Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.


Done. Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley
[ img ]
US Country Manager
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Phoenix
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby bgodette » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:36 pm

dmcrandall wrote:
bgodette wrote:Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.


Done. Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby dmcrandall » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:21 am

bgodette wrote:
dmcrandall wrote:
bgodette wrote:Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.


Done. Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.


Is the distinction going to be the determination of the editor? The state FC map lumps both of them together, as far as I can see.
"This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley
[ img ]
US Country Manager
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Phoenix
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby bgodette » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:56 am

dmcrandall wrote:
bgodette wrote:Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.
Is the distinction going to be the determination of the editor? The state FC map lumps both of them together, as far as I can see.
"IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH." I didn't think anyone was confused about what limited access means.

Is it limited access? For more than some small number of exits? Is it something you'd use when "Avoid Freeways" is turned on?

That last bit is really the only difference between Fwy and MH as far as Waze's routing engine is concerned. It's something editors need to actually pay attention to before they go and break routing when "Avoid Freeway" is turned on because they've made 1 mile sections of what should be a MH a Fwy because it's "limited access" for two interchanges.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby Fredo-p » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:07 am

What Dave was referring to is the FC Map. According to the map that is supplied in the wiki, both FWY and EXPY are the same thing (brown line).

Are you asking that the FC table shown in the CO wiki include reference to why it is separated (limited access rule)?
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: New Wiki Colorado State Page

Postby bgodette » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 am

Fredo-p wrote:What Dave was referring to is the FC Map. According to the map that is supplied in the wiki, both FWY and EXPY are the same thing (brown line).

Are you asking that the FC table shown in the CO wiki include reference to why it is separated (limited access rule)?
Yes and actually separated in the matrix. Last I looked it mapped both to Fwy which would be wrong.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Next

Return to Colorado

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users