New Wiki Colorado State Page

Post by kentsmith9
Team,

JaredTheKing and I have completed the new Colorado State page.

I will be moving it to the main page for the state in the next week. If you see anything that you believe is a problem, please let us know.

If you are an area manager in the state, please review the area manager table and consider adding (or updating) yourself in the table using the links in the table. If you are not sure how to do it just send me a PM.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by bgodette
There needs to be a section of CDOT's FC Map (http://dtdapps.coloradodot.info/otis/Flex/MapView) and the translation matrix that's used due to complete absence of Collectors after following standard FC+US/SH.

All Collectors in CDOT's FC Map are State Highways which automatically become mH. To fill the standard mapping of Collector -> Primary Street, the non-FC type of Major Road has been used.

Census Designated Places are allowed for city name field.

Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
dmcrandall wrote:
bgodette wrote:Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.
Done. Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
dmcrandall wrote:
bgodette wrote:Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.
Is the distinction going to be the determination of the editor? The state FC map lumps both of them together, as far as I can see.
"IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH." I didn't think anyone was confused about what limited access means.

Is it limited access? For more than some small number of exits? Is it something you'd use when "Avoid Freeways" is turned on?

That last bit is really the only difference between Fwy and MH as far as Waze's routing engine is concerned. It's something editors need to actually pay attention to before they go and break routing when "Avoid Freeway" is turned on because they've made 1 mile sections of what should be a MH a Fwy because it's "limited access" for two interchanges.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Fredo-p wrote:What Dave was referring to is the FC Map. According to the map that is supplied in the wiki, both FWY and EXPY are the same thing (brown line).

Are you asking that the FC table shown in the CO wiki include reference to why it is separated (limited access rule)?
Yes and actually separated in the matrix. Last I looked it mapped both to Fwy which would be wrong.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
kentsmith9 wrote:I will be moving it to the main page for the state in the next week. If you see anything that you believe is a problem, please let us know.
It's time to move, Kent. 8-)
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
bgodette wrote:Summary: Standard FC+US/SH translation with Major Road (it's a checkbox in MapView base layers) as Primary Street. CDPs are considered cities.
Done. Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
bgodette wrote:
dmcrandall wrote:
Principal Arterial - Fwys & Expys needs to be clarified on limited access -> Fwy (e.g. SH-470) and non-limited access -> MH (Parker Rd/SH-83 near I-225). IOW PA-Fwy is Fwy; full limited access and will have a begin/end freeway sign (US-285, US-6). PA-Expy is MH.
Is the distinction going to be the determination of the editor? The state FC map lumps both of them together, as far as I can see.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
bgodette wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:What Dave was referring to is the FC Map. According to the map that is supplied in the wiki, both FWY and EXPY are the same thing (brown line).

Are you asking that the FC table shown in the CO wiki include reference to why it is separated (limited access rule)?
Yes and actually separated in the matrix. Last I looked it mapped both to Fwy which would be wrong.
The reason they were is because the CDOT FC map doesn't make a distinction between the two. I have divided them as you have requested, but someone will need to add notes regarding how, and when, a editor should determine Fwy vs Expressway, for FC purposes in WME.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
What Dave was referring to is the FC Map. According to the map that is supplied in the wiki, both FWY and EXPY are the same thing (brown line).

Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+