I have been blocked from reporting

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

Re: I have been blocked from reporting

Postby usa_sr2x655a » Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm

I was not aware that "excessive reporting" was a thing. I usually notice that in heavy traffic, not all areas show the heavy traffic so I was trying to report to show that. I won't do that any more, but I'm blocked from reporting at all right now and was told to reach out here
usa_sr2x655a

Postby JoshJMM » Mon May 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Are you from Colorado and when did you notice that your reporting privileges had been suspended? I ask this because I have not asked for any suspensions of user privileges in a long time.
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby usa_sr2x655a » Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes I'm from Colorado. Denver and surrounding areas. And it happened yesterday during an unusual traffic jam along i-25.
usa_sr2x655a

Postby JoshJMM » Thu May 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Since I didn't ask for this restriction I would guess that it was automatic through some other mechanism. I have passed your concerns on to a Regional Coordinator.
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tonestertm » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 pm

When you say,"reporting at all", do you mean you can't update gas prices or places also, or just traffic/police reports? If the latter, then your reporting privileges should return soon. Let us know if they're not back by tomorrow, and we'll get staff involved.

Can I ask approximately how many you had reported on that drive?

In general, once the system gets the heads-up about slowdowns, it will watch the immediate area, and update jams (and routing) periodically, on its own, whether people report traffic or not. So, if there's traffic showing on adjacent segments, it's not *always* necessary to make sure every spot is covered with reports.
;)
[ img ]
ARC for SW Region, USA
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Previous

Return to Colorado