Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Toll Lane on US-36

Post by AlexBarberisHappy
Waze has been telling me to use the HOV/Toll lane on US-36. I try to avoid using this lane in most situations. However, when I turn off toll roads Waze avoids US-36, resulting in longer, inconvenient routes. Is there a way to disable this toll lane? It's throwing off the traffic monitoring and arrival times.
AlexBarberisHappy

POSTER_ID:17516775

Send a message

Post by chucksways
I was hoping someone with more experience would reply, but I didn't want to leave you hanging. Waze routes on traffic speed data. It absolutely will route you on a longer route if it is faster, base on real time and historic speed data. This data is automatically captured by Waze continuously and updated in real time.

There is no way to eliminate the toll lane for those that do want to enable that routing option. As opposed to turning the option on and ignoring the route, consider leaving it off and looking at the two other alternate routes. In the app after you have selected your destination, the Routes option will show. If you have already tapped go now, tap the destination time bar at the bottom, then tap the Routes option. You may find that your chosen route is only a few minutes longer but it's still preferred by you. Just tap on the alternate route and Waze will use that one.
chucksways  
Send a message