285/470 routes out of Evergreen not in waze

Post by
Going East/South from Evergreen CO towards Denver, waze is not picking up shorter/faster route using smaller roads 285/470. I drive this frequently, have timed it, measured it and compared to google maps which is accurately selecting this as the quickest route. It doesn't even show on Waze's radar. Thanks for a fix! My route is 10 min faster and 3 miles shorter. Discussion thread below, thanks chucksways

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... st=8520489

POSTER_ID:17881735

Send a message

Post by chucksways
@GlockGirl1, I apologize for not responding quicker. I am out of the country right now with limit time and access. I will get back on this early next week.

One thing you mentioned in the report thread was that Waze would eventually reroute to the preferred route. Please let us know where that occurs.

Thanks,
Chuck
chucksways
Send a message

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
Duplicate post deleted
chucksways
Send a message
Last edited by chucksways on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chucksways
And that is apparently what happens with flakey international connectivity. Sorry for all of the duplicates.
chucksways
Send a message

Post by chucksways
Just a reminder to let us know where Waze reroutes and finally chooses your route. If it's at an intersection, what are the cross streets. If it's in the middle of nowhere, what distance is it from some identifiable landmark or cross road. Thanks.
chucksways
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
So, looking at your UR thread, you actually got the 2 best folks to fix it. Chuck happens to be a Denver area manager and Josh is the state manager. Both are excellent editors.

One of the things not mentioned in the thread is that over longer routes, Waze stops looking at smaller roads. This saves processing time, and generally speaking, a smaller road is less efficient and less likely to actually produce a time benefit. There's a long and convoluted explanation about how and why roads are mapped as they are, but I'll boil it down to "if Josh and Chuck feel the roads are mapped correctly, then they are."

If you are 100% sure that your way is faster, then I would suggest ignoring Waze until you get to a point where you need the app again. I do that often near my house, but in my case it's because the roads are not traveled enough to generate reliable speed data.

Sorry for not being able to give you exactly what you want.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message