Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Addresses not findable in Waze - Enough is enough

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Can we please get some official traction on this issue? This is ridiculous.

There are numerous examples of this issue, it is not an isolated problem, but for purposes of discussion here is one of the events:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 460&zoom=7

Confirmed HN of 8604 is attached to NE 13th Place.

Address 8604 NE 13th Place is not findable in the Waze app. It does not matter if you specify the CDP (Hazel Dell), USPS City (Vancouver), or leave the city out. There is no way to slice this search, you cannot get the results to come up in the app anywhere. But they are clearly drawn into WME correctly, with both the verified CDP city as well as the USPS city as an alternate.

Autocomplete results in the app do find wildly inaccurate results from GMaps.

This is a newer subdivision that is not in GMaps at all, despite existing for over a year. A brilliant opportunity to win over users because Waze is more up to date than GMaps.

When this UR came in, we reverified everything. We re-nudged the HNs even though they had all been manually created. We nudged nodes to force a tile update. We finally deleted and rebuilt the subdivision from scratch in case something was corrupt. Still can't get it to go.

Looks like the only solution we have, other than making RPPs (which we should definitely NOT have to do to fix this), is to fix GMaps.

So this begs the question, why in the world are we wasting time in Waze when GMaps results overrule all? If I have to go fix GMaps to make Waze work, what is the point of all our time in WME? Why aren't we all editing GMaps, since that's what it takes to make Waze work?

This is a glaring, inexcusable issue. One of Waze's many, not the least of which is the new WME.

Hoping against hope, but not holding my breath, that HQ takes notice and fixes this problem. Can I get an Amen?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:17157005

Send a message

Post by carlosmendoza1961
Good evening estimated, in Venezuela the search for houses does not work, just as it does not allow entering those that start with zero, please help us
carlosmendoza1961
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Keihin
Hi.

Was there a solution to this issue?
Keihin
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Country Coordinator, Norway

Waze HowTo Norge

Post by MapSir
Hi,

In order to fully understand the issue please give us the following details, screenshots will be best:
* Search string
* Which result was chosen
* Where does routing take you
* Permalink to the HN or RPP

Also, is this a single address issue or a wider bug with most search results?
Thanks
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by orbitc
SeveriorumPatrem,
Sending you a direct message about this. Look for my PM please.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by ply8808
SeveriorumPatrem has shared some examples with me via PM, they will be sent to staff for review.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
PM received, thank you.

I have posted about this problem several times before, as have others, and nothing has ever been done. Talked about in hangouts and WME chat....by many editors, and nothing changed or acknowledged. Submitted help tickets for this through official channels that were ignored completely.

Thanks for taking notice.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Update: Working with my RC on this.

All: We have added RPPs to the entire subdivision, and many of these addresses are still not findable from the app. If you can find them, please post and share.

Irad:

Search string
8604 NE 13th Pl
8604 NE 13th Place
8604 NE 13th Pl Hazel Dell
8604 NE 13th Pl Vancouver
8604 NE 13th Place Hazel Dell WA
8604 NE 13th Place Vancouver WA
8604 NE 13th Pl Hazel Dell WA
8604 NE 13th Pl Vancouver WA

Which result was chosen
No results were chosen, because of those that were returned, all were wrong. Some came back to the 8600 block of 13th Ave, which was close, but still incorrect. Correct address location could not be found in the app. Irrelevant question.

Where does routing take you
As there were no valid results, there was no routing, routing was never the issue. Irrelevant question.

Permalink to the HN or RPP
Permalink is provided in the OP....

Also, is this a single address issue or a wider bug with most search results
Not the first time this has happened, in general. In this case, seems to affect numerous (most?
all?) addresses in the subdivision.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by usa_wk2us19b
I am in the same sinking boat. My HN is not a "thing" so I can't designate my freakin' address as genuinely where I live. I have been told by Live Map that I can't select the street segment that I live on, because I have to select one in my driving area... It's right behind my house!!!! I am full of grrr about this.
usa_wk2us19b
Send a message