The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

House Names? (not numbers)

Post by JackRxgers
Anyone know how i can add House Name tags to properties? is that possible

if not… it should be

Thanks for any help
JackRxgers

POSTER_ID:17987750

Send a message

GerardterBeke
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Country Manager Oman & the Netherlands
WME Stroopwafel Staff

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Badge2.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by jm6087
Other than adding a place point (check with local guidance to see if it is fine to do), there is no way to add a house name to a segment.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jonv-uk
JackRxgers wrote:Anyone know how i can add House Name tags to properties? is that possible

if not… it should be

Thanks for any help
It is only possible to add a house name for a residential place if you create the place in the app, which does require you being at the location.
In WME Point Places can have a house number '123456abcdef' but must start with a number.
Residential Place Points can have a house number '1234abcd' but must start with a number. This also applies if you try to edit a Residential Place that has been created in the app.
In Edit House Numbers it seems you can have '12345abcdefghij' but also has to start with a number.

In the UK, houses or apartment blocks with a name should be added as a Place Point with the catagory 'Other' Wazeopedia
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by Thalibahn
macnewbold wrote:Pardon my ignorance - what is a house name, and how would one use it?
Not sure if it's entirely true, but I reckon the country of Malta uses house names and no numbers. Some local editor from there might already have some insight on how to handle it.
Thalibahn
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Thalibahn
Area Manager: Germany, Switzerland, Australia [1,300,000 km²]
State Closure Manager: Baden-Württemberg | ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC [4,000,000 km²]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AI ... authuser=0

German Chat: Discord | Australian Chat: Discord

Post by WizuMT
Thalibahn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:25 pm
macnewbold wrote:Pardon my ignorance - what is a house name, and how would one use it?
Not sure if it's entirely true, but I reckon the country of Malta uses house names and no numbers. Some local editor from there might already have some insight on how to handle it.

In Malta, by law, every access to a building gets assigned a number unique to that road. Thus if a house has 3 doors leading to/from the road, each door will get a unique number. Usually one side of the road gets the even numbers, while the other side gets the odd numbers. If doors are added after the door numbers for that road have been issued, the additional doors will get to share the number with an adjacent door with the addition of a letter (eg. 10 A, 10 B, 10 C). Every number of years the relevant authority reviews the door numbers and might issue changes (my house number and garage number have changed 3 years ago and confirmed a year ago). House names are very popular in Malta, but these are not required by law (while the number is). In essence: All houses in Malta have a number (most have a house name as well)... Your house has a number which you might not be aware of. You could check your number by searching for your postcode in the postcode finder of MaltaPost, or better still on the Government Gazette (when updates to house numbers are carried out, these are published on the Government Gazette which is freely available).

WizuMT
Send a message

Post by world_lnxe4vji
WizuMT wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:53 am
Thalibahn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:25 pm
macnewbold wrote:Pardon my ignorance - what is a house name, and how would one use Run 3?

In Malta, by law, every access to a building gets assigned a number unique to that road. Thus if a house has 3 doors leading to/from the road, each door will get a unique number. Usually one side of the road gets the even numbers, while the other side gets the odd numbers. If doors are added after the door numbers for that road have been issued, the additional doors will get to share the number with an adjacent door with the addition of a letter (eg. 10 A, 10 B, 10 C). Every number of years the relevant authority reviews the door numbers and might issue changes (my house number and garage number have changed 3 years ago and confirmed a year ago). House names are very popular in Malta, but these are not required by law (while the number is). In essence: All houses in Malta have a number (most have a house name as well)... Your house has a number which you might not be aware of. You could check your number by searching for your postcode in the postcode finder of MaltaPost, or better still on the Government Gazette (when updates to house numbers are carried out, these are published on the Government Gazette which is freely available).

I appreciate your answer.
world_lnxe4vji
Send a message