Placing stop point on different street than address street

The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Placing stop point on different street than address stre

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:38 pm

CBenson wrote:Regardless, I agree moving the Waze pin never has any effect, as only the Waze stop point is used for routing.

Other than moving the Waze pin "activates" it as compared to the untouched imported, right?
So it would not matter where it is moved to (assuming you are holding the stop point), just that it be "touched"

Or are the imported address pins sufficient as-is? I've always heard that they need to be "bumped" to activate them over the default Google pin.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby CBenson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Taco909 wrote:Other than moving the Waze pin "activates" it as compared to the untouched imported, right?
So it would not matter where it is moved to (assuming you are holding the stop point), just that it be "touched"

Or are the imported address pins sufficient as-is? I've always heard that they need to be "bumped" to activate them over the default Google pin.

Correct, they need to be touched/bumped to be used.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 am

Just a bump... What about adding a place point, using the correct stop point with the correct address?

I know this is not a solution for residences in general (perhaps for condo/apartments?) but is this valid for businesses?
Will a place point marked "Bob's Alternators, 123 Main" (actual address 123 Main Ste 5-C) route properly if it is placed on the PLR at the back of the complex?
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby Kobes1878 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 am

At the moment, the first result in Waze will be Google's PIN. So the new place/POI will help, but only if the user picks the one you created from the Waze page.

I add Place points for apt/business complexes and offices when there is UR. In the direction which Waze seems to be going - allowing places to be marked in the client - I think all places like these should be added. I hope this means that (once enough places are added) the first result will go to Wazes database first.

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImageImage
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby CBenson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

Taco909 wrote:Will a place point marked "Bob's Alternators, 123 Main" (actual address 123 Main Ste 5-C) route properly if it is placed on the PLR at the back of the complex?

As Kobes1878 basically said only if the user selects the Bob's Alternator that you added. I've not seen the address input in the places have any effect on address searches.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 pm

So for businesses where the stop point is not on the main road, it would be preferable to eliminate the Waze address pin(s) and replace them with the Waze Place Pins including the correct address in the Place?

One thing I see a lot of, and sometimes it is possibly justified, but others completely in error, is when we have 100 addresses for a condo/townhouse development all in the same spot with the same stop point.
I ran into this the other day on a couple of complexes where all of the street names AND house numbers were very plain in Street View. New editor Timothy007 brought one to my attention and the two of us spend some time cleaning it up honing his addressing chops. The other was a complete cluster with misnamed streets, and when I renamed the streets, the (stacked) addresses jumped to the next block. I ended up having to clear all of the addresses and "drive" the entire neighborhood in SV to clean it all up.

So if anyone pinged me in chat last night and I ignored you... that's what I was doing.
Bummer though... over an hour of work (maybe two?) and I'll only get edit credit for the 6 or 8 segments the addresses were attached to.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Taco909 wrote:So for businesses where the stop point is not on the main road, it would be preferable to eliminate the Waze address pin(s) and replace them with the Waze Place Pins including the correct address in the Place?

Yes. That's documented: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers_in_WME

Taco909 wrote:One thing I see a lot of, and sometimes it is possibly justified, but others completely in error, is when we have 100 addresses for a condo/townhouse development all in the same spot with the same stop point.

Same with those as documented above. If the final destination is not at a location you can put a stop point, don't use the Waze House Number.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bhartman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:47 pm

I have the opposite problem. When routed to 200 east end ave, new york, ny 10128, the stop point is around the corner on 89th street. How do I change this? Is it an unlock request to move the house number closer to East End Ave?
bhartman

Postby CBenson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Are you saying that currently waze routes you to a stop point around the corner on 89th and it should be on East End? Or are you saying waze routes to East End but the stop point should be around the corner on 89th (if so why)?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 pm

And a permalink would help.

It may be that the editor who placed the junction of 89th and East End did not place the junction at the corner, and the stop point ended up wrapped around the corner.... or that segment of 89th could be completely missing and misnamed "East End" so it reads that segment incorrectly.

If you are saying that your stop point SHOULD be on 89th, then that is the topic of this thread and currently can only be done by deleting the address pin and adding a "Place" pin.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to House Numbers (Addresses)