Placing stop point on different street than address street

The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Placing stop point on different street than address stre

Postby bhartman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 pm

The stop point SHOULD be on East End, however Waze terminates 200 E End Ave on 89th street itself. That's why I said that I had the opposite problem as y'all in my OP.

I wonder if the pin (if that has anything to do with anything) is so far back from east end that it is closer to 89th st.
bhartman

Postby bhartman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm

HI there,

The problem is that Waze should route to 200 east end ave on east end ave and it's the only building on the block. However, Waze now routes around the corner on east 89th st.

I'm not sure how to do a permalink of where waze routes you. I did paste in a link below:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-73.94333&lat=40.77704&layers=453&zoom=7&segments=34787993,62954842

Thanks.
bhartman

Postby bhartman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:44 pm

You all can see the stop point by asking waze to route you to 200 e end ave, 10128.
I was the lowly L1 who corrected the 1-way-ness of this block a few months ago. Apparently someone didn't like me editing it and locked my segment after I did that, but not reversing what I'd done.

Taco909 has a good point about avoiding the 'round the block problem, but only if you're approaching from the south. When I approach the building, usually I'm coming from 90th st, turning right onto east end, and then having Waze incorrectly tell me to go past my entrance and make a turn onto 89th.

So if the last editor did change the stop point, they created an unintended consequence.
Anyway, although it's a very specific problem to me, I think it's interesting to discuss all the permutations this brings up. Thanks all.
bhartman

Postby bhartman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:31 pm

but google maps routes correctly to east end. it's waze that is wrong and i can't change that
bhartman

Postby bhartman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Since it's a 2 lock and i'm a 1, i can't change the location of the house number. I guess I could nudge the google pin closer to east end. By the way, I've made a lot of map changes, but editing level is based on fixing other people's problems?
bhartman

Postby bhartman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:20 pm

1000 to make level 2? That's a heapload! I don't know how y'all do it.
bhartman

Postby CBenson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Taco909 wrote:In my experience, in your screen shot, simply pulling the address pin for 13 back to the lawn should be enough to push the routing to that road.

Not true. Waze routes only to the street the house number is set to, if Waze uses the Waze result for the address. If Waze uses or the user chooses the Google marker for the address, then Waze will route to the closest Waze segment to the lat/lon returned by Google.

There are currently a bunch of caveats for how this is working for me. Waze does not route to the closest Waze segment to the lat/lon returned by Google if I select the autocomplete result or a result from the Google tab. Rather, Waze will route to the closest point to the lat/lon returned by Google on the Waze segment with the street name searched for. However the results on the Waze tab can come from either the Waze data or the Google data depending on whether there is an exact match in the Waze data or not. If I select a Waze result from the Waze tab, I am routed to the Waze stop point. If I select a Google result from the Waze tab, I am routed to the closet Waze segment to the lat/lon returned by Google.

Regardless, I agree moving the Waze pin never has any effect, as only the Waze stop point is used for routing.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Turbo, Android 4.4.4, Waze 3.9.4.0
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Taco909 wrote:Other than moving the Waze pin "activates" it as compared to the untouched imported, right?
So it would not matter where it is moved to (assuming you are holding the stop point), just that it be "touched"

Or are the imported address pins sufficient as-is? I've always heard that they need to be "bumped" to activate them over the default Google pin.

Correct, they need to be touched/bumped to be used.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

Taco909 wrote:Will a place point marked "Bob's Alternators, 123 Main" (actual address 123 Main Ste 5-C) route properly if it is placed on the PLR at the back of the complex?

As Kobes1878 basically said only if the user selects the Bob's Alternator that you added. I've not seen the address input in the places have any effect on address searches.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Are you saying that currently waze routes you to a stop point around the corner on 89th and it should be on East End? Or are you saying waze routes to East End but the stop point should be around the corner on 89th (if so why)?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to House Numbers (Addresses)