Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

NO house num exist in my edit area AT ALL!!

Post by m5hog
Hi

Question I need some guidence on.

Every street within my editing area has no house numbers!!

I want to check this is the case and it is not in another waze database somewhere!!

What happens currently when an address is searched for?

Should I start adding house numbers to my edit area?

As you can imagine it will be a lot of work, I have the house number resources to research from to do this but I want to make sure I should as it seems a lot to be missing.

Thanks all.
m5hog

POSTER_ID:16985948

Send a message
Im in sunny Cornwall .
[i]Known areas - mid/west Cornwall, Exeter-Exmouth[/i]
Willing to learn and help.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Andyc1202 wrote:So long as its done properly then there's no harm in adding them, I guess Ill just try and search for a few hns on the roads I want to edit before I start and see what it throws back at me for final destination. That will answer the question as to if its needed or not I suppose
There is usually no harm in adding house numbers to Waze for houses and some businesses, but there are exceptions. Check out the House Numbers wiki page and read carefully the "Things to Remember" section.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by l0c0d0g
In my region also HN are missing. If I understood you correctly, there is no need for doing that? We should just let Google do the work?
l0c0d0g
Send a message

Post by m5hog
If I can also ask out of interest, is it still 1 point per segment no matter how many hn's I add? I have seen some posts to this effect but they were 2010.
If there is any updated info it be appreciated.
I would rather add some quality edits into waze than just adding poi's, missing driving lot roads and uneeded nodes etc, you know the ones. Id feel better putting effort into something more worthwhile.
So if anyone can clear up the currect editing points for house numbers it would be appreciated.
I couldnt find anything on the wiki or the forum that is current and worthwhile in this regard.

Thanks
m5hog
Send a message
Im in sunny Cornwall .

Post by m5hog
I agree on points thing, that was out of interest

I have looked up some local addresses and it puts me at the end of the roads nearest the house numbers, not the actual house. On one road this puts it 1/4 to 1/2 mile out - that's what triggered the question on what is supposed to happen.

So long as its done properly then there's no harm in adding them, I guess Ill just try and search for a few hns on the roads I want to edit before I start and see what it throws back at me for final destination. That will answer the question as to if its needed or not I suppose
m5hog
Send a message
Im in sunny Cornwall .

Post by serega_12
Andyc1202 wrote: So if anyone can clear up the currect editing points for house numbers it would be appreciated.
I couldnt find anything on the wiki or the forum that is current and worthwhile in this regard.

Thanks
Been reading up on this. Here's the link to the said Wiki page in case someone is just now finding this thread...

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers_in_WME
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
If there are no housenumbers in the Waze Database, Waze uses the Google Database... so don't worry on that... :-)
Only when the Google Database is wrong, you can add one in Waze. Depending on the country or region server settings, waze determines what database is first looked in to or mixed.
In Belgium we also have no HN in Waze, but Waze works great, even on house number level... :-)

As of the points... i wouldn't care... :-) points are only a small trigger to get someone editing, but better to have less but good edits, than a lot of stupid ones and a lot of points ;-)
Always chose quality over quantity!
steveningelbrecht
Send a message