The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.
Post by voludu2
Whenever someone notices a problem with address searching, where can they report it?
I see the problems constantly, but I have been mostly ignoring it.

So I am prepared to make several reports of specific cases where adress searching is not working properly.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thank you for characterizing some of the confusing HN and RPP problems we've seen and heard about.

Points 2 and 4 taken together are very puzzling. Taken together, they seem to imply we can never hope to fix Waze address searching merely by editing the Waze map. We have to correct GMM addresses first. In which case - wouldn't it be more effective simply to work with the GMM address pins, eliminate HNs altogether, and ignore RPPs / leave them for those who want photos of their houses?

I wonder if these are bugs or features?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
nzahn1 wrote:Reviving this with some clarifications from Waze thru a helpful GC. Emphasis added.
GC/Waze wrote: They are getting updated every regular tile build.
HNs defiitely seem to get used more quickly than they did a year ago. Sometimes it seems to take a couple of tile builds. Are there different kinds of tile builds? Regular ones and ..... irregular ones?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Just curious - I have seen instances lately where it seems that, where the HN exists has not been touched by an editor, the waze app prefers the Google address pin. After the HN has been edited, it is clear that the Waze HN is preferred in the search.

Can we get confirmation that the search preference hierarchy published in the page linked above is still correct? Are there any exceptions to the rule?

Thanks
voludu2
Send a message

Post by Webs101
I have a house number that is not updating. The address is 34 Rue de Saturne, Cantley, Quebec.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... st=4695506

I put in the address on September 9 and adjusted the road to trigger a tile update, but the Live Map still places the address in the wrong place (south of the intersection).
Webs101
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
https://shitcafe.com/waze/waze-sig.png
Global champ from Canada

Post by WheyWeider
Hi guys :)
WheyWeider
Send a message

Post by world_q9afxi1a
I need a correction to directions to 143 Spectacle, Irvine, CA 92618.

Waze currently instructs the driver to stop as soon as they turn into Spectacle from either North Pusan or South Pusan.

You can get to 143 Spectacle by turning into an alley immediately to your right upon turning into Spectacle.  8 houses from the turn, on the left hand side (if accessing through the garage).  Or doing the same thing but after making a right on the alley, the driver needs to make a left to the next alley and stop after the first house on the left to get to the front of the house.

world_q9afxi1a
Send a message
Last edited by world_q9afxi1a on Tue May 03, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Z_R21
Hi:

So it should be only necessary to put house numbers only one corner of each square, like this?: In this example, Buenos Aires, Argentina, house numbers go on each square from 0 to 100 / 101 to 200 and so on.

|||2001....................|||2101------------------------2201
|||==================|||==================|||.....
|||2002....................|||2102........................2202

Papo: we have another problem in Buenos Aires, I think the city name should be identical to the one we are searching in the app, if not it will search through google maps.
Z_R21
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message