Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

House Numbers Update Schedule

Post by
Everyone:

Please see below info from Waze regarding the update schedule for house numbers:
The waze engine house numbers index contains all the house numbers you see in the editor's house numbers layer. Some of the house numbers were added by users and some were imported. The index is updated during the tile build process.

When searching for a specific number, we prioritize the data as follows:
1. If there's a residential place with that specific number, use the place location.
2. If there's a waze house number added by a user (not imported), use house number location.
3. Use google location.
4. If there's no house number location in google's address, use imported location.

POSTER_ID:8359316

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
An UPDATE on House Numbers and searchability:

While the address database index is updated with each tile build, the Search server index is NOT updated daily with tile updates. This is why recently added/moved HNs in Waze are not showing changes/adds to House Numbers when searching in the app when we'd expect.

We are not sure if this is currently working as designed and/or if they are planning to make any kind of update to get the Search server to align daily with the House Number index.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bummerdude69
Just to make sure I'm clear. If we nudge an imported HN (#4), it would then become an added/ edited HN (#2)?
bummerdude69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by bwawsc
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:So even if Waze HN is not nudged it still Routes to the segment that the anchor is attached to.
RussPA wrote:The announcement may have been a bit premature, it also said there are still some details to be worked out, so I'm sure we'll be filled in at some point, hopefully soon.
I'm curious whether any further details have been announced or deduced about the routing hierarchy...
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I was told to report this problem here.

Still running across cases where Waze fails to find the correct location for an address despite private place maker, House number markers in the correct location.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... st=4575330
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Despite repeated attempts to fix this problem, including successfully moving the Google Maps point for the address, Waze continues to INTERMITTENTLY and UNPREDICTABLY return the wrong, old location for the address point (the one Google originally returned).

207 Milton Rd, Maurice, LA
Google maps returns the correct location for the above address line but the wrong location for
207 Milton Rd, Maurice, LA 70555

This strange, repeatable phenomena, may be related to the Waze problem.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... st=4371965
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
The searches I am trying are in WME, livemap, and Google Maps. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Occasionally I search in the App itself, but if I can't get reliable searches in livemap, my experience says that the App itself will fail also.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
It finally updated on the 15th (!??!!) to the 8th !!!!
And WME is still 'glacially slow', so they must be running another update now.
:(
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
DwarfLord wrote:A long time ago I prioritized fixing the GMM pin over fussing with Waze, but then I discovered to my horror that Google seems to have some kind of self repair bot. At least, I found I couldn't count on my GMM fixes sticking, even when there was nothing about them to which I could imagine a human would object. That and maddening experiences trying to get obvious, significant problems solved (e.g. A Walmart pin off by a quarter mile, but getting it fixed was nigh impossible) and I hardly ever look at GMM any more.
Lately, the fastest fix for Google pin locations seems to be 'feedback' in Google Maps, rather than GMM. (at least for me!)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by carlosmendoza1961
Good night wazers, in Venezuela the search of house numbers does not work, I have several inserts and the app does not get them
carlosmendoza1961
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by carlosmendoza1961
Would be interesting to verify the format of Venezuela that includes a "-" to the house numbers, and see if that causes the error that does not get it
carlosmendoza1961
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message