The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Crazy Stacked House Numbers

Post by okladriver
I found a street with a bright red house number that shows last edited by an L1.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=39797185

When I moved it, there was another underneath. If I saved, the number went back to where it was. I deleted the entire pile (somewhere around 40+) and saved. After it saved it the pile was back in the same spot.

I deleted the pile again, and there were 2 less this time. Save, repeat, 2 less. I currently have it down to 15 in the pile and wanted to post about it here for someone to see before I (hopefully) got rid of all of them.

Has anyone seen this before, know what the cause is, know of an easier way to get rid of them should I encounter them again?
okladriver

POSTER_ID:16938839

Send a message

Post by russblau
Nope. I've seen stacked house numbers like this in Arlington, VA, but they were brought in like that from the basemap import, and I've never had any problem moving or deleting any of them.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by taco909
russblau wrote:Nope. I've seen stacked house numbers like this in Arlington, VA, but they were brought in like that from the basemap import, and I've never had any problem moving or deleting any of them.
Yup.
VERY common (too common!) out here in semi-private neighborhoods that have 2 and 3 digit addresses that are unrelated to the city block number.
The entire development has all addresses stacked on a single point. If we're lucky, neighboring streets will have their own stack, but that's the exception rather than the rule, so some people are routed "not unacceptably" (at least they get routed to the correct street) while others may be routed 2 blocks away.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich