The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Waze doesn't properly locate place and address

Post by CyrilleBriegel
I've edited two new roads and places, after being accepted by the community, it shows the wrong location of the places. I've made sure that I entered the correct adresses at the right spot, but when searching, it suggests the correct address and then shows an incomplete adress at a wrong location.
CyrilleBriegel

POSTER_ID:17199999

Send a message

Post by CBenson
You may find some help on the local language forums here as well.
viewforum.php?f=19
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CyrilleBriegel
I've tried both (engine and dropdown list). But I just realized that the places I've added haven't been approved yet, so maybe that's why. It's been 2 weeks or so since I've added them. I wonder how much time it takes to get them approved. In the town where I live, there are lots of missing roads (and missing places as well). I don't mind to add a few roads/places that I know, but I just can't add them all. If it takes that long to get things working, I will just stick with Google maps, which already have all those roads and places. And by the way, I've noticed also some funny routing that don't make sense at all.
CyrilleBriegel
Send a message

Post by CyrilleBriegel
Thanks for your suggestions. However, I guess the country I live in doesn't have much local editors around. Furthermore, one of them contacted me but because he posted in an area outside my allowed map editing area, I couldn't event reply him! (that's one of a bug that would need to be fix!)
CyrilleBriegel
Send a message

Post by CyrilleBriegel
About the funny routing, here's a screenshot of one of them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/whf2snzxi830h ... 3.png?dl=0
This route has been calculated at around 4am, so no traffic issue here. Why just it doesn't use the bigger and straight road?
CyrilleBriegel
Send a message

Post by CyrilleBriegel
Believe me, I drove those those roads many times. The straight one is the fastest for sure, there is almost no waiting time at traffic lights (they are pretty much all in sync), which is not the case with the other road. At rush hours, that would be a different story. It's possible that some other roads could be faster. But on that screenshot, it was calculated in the middle of the night. So there should be no traffic at that time.
This is only one example. I also experienced a few other similar issues, but I'm not located in those areas at this time, so I can't do a simulation.
I will try to contact the editor through the private message on this page like you said.
CyrilleBriegel
Send a message

Post by CyrilleBriegel
Here are two other examples of strange routing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0afm8or1bgmcj ... 5.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxs5o04a2i2wd ... 6.png?dl=0
Any suggestion about how to fix this?
I've also reported a few camera traps, but it doesn't seem to work. Every time I drive that road, I never get any notification or warnings about those camera traps that I've reported earlier.
CyrilleBriegel
Send a message

Post by hanifkitchen
Hi, could anybody offer me some assistance?
hanifkitchen
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
CyrilleBriegel - When you search for the address, are you using address/location that pops up on the dropdown list or did you do a fresh search using the Waze Engine?

When you search for a place, Waze saves that location's GPS points for you to quickly search back to in the future. If you want to update the GPS locations, you will need to do a fresh search actually clicking the search icon.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Have you tried poking into the chat and/or your local state forum? Approval can be very quick, but it requires eyes to be there to see it.
KTCAOP
Send a message