The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Enter all house numbers, or only "significant" ones?

Post by B_Carp
Hi, when entering HNs for a road segment, is it necessary to enter every single house? Would it be sufficient to only enter "significant" HNs instead, saving a lot of time since I can't find keyboard shortcuts for the "+" button, etc?

What I mean is, perhaps enter HN 51 at one end of the segment & HN 61 at the other end/next junction, then Waze will automatically know where 53, 55, 57 & 59 are (assuming even spacing of houses).
B_Carp

POSTER_ID:17078379

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1649923503-
So waze does have the capability to extrapolate house numbers if there is a number on both ends of the segment and only on that same side (i.e. Can't handle the even number side of the odd number side has the data)

BUT!!!!!
This is only the case if no alternative data exists for that address and most likely this will not be the case. Also this is not the ideal situation unless the HN correlate to distance as the numbers often can be clustered.

I agree HN can be annoying but they make a huge difference and we want to make waze work for everyone as best it can. Would I enter significant address first yes but if you have the time try adding ALL the house numbers for that segment. It's done then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inactive user -1649923503-
Send a message
-John
-------
https://j.mp/1BqcgbWhttps://s.waze.tools/c5.png
VT - State Manager
New England - Multi State Manager

Post by KTCAOP
The shortcut for the "+" button would be "h" when you are in the screen.

I need to do some other testing, however, I have historically seen that adding only the "significant" HN's is *not* sufficient.
KTCAOP
Send a message