The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

[BUG] WME not allowing RPPs to have letters or "/"

Post by m4rc072
Also in Italy, may a BUG?
number like 35/A, 35A, 35/a it's possible to insert with HN mode but not like Residential Place
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:5947030

Send a message

Post by avozetta
Hi, CM from Sweden!

I have spent some time on editing residential places here in Sweden and see issues that are related to this thread and I cannot agree that the limitation to not support letters is fully true, if so there is a bug as you can add a residential from the client where the house number includes letters and you can approve that in WME, but then if you try to edit that residential in any way, it will end up in an error message " invalid house number ... ".

In more detail:
For along time when editing residential in WME, WME will respond with "invalid house number". Especially when the house number contains a letter like "36a", "36A or "36 a" or "36 A".

What is the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong here?

Fresh example: https://www.waze.com/sv/editor?env=row& ... 0.13406027

This was reported from app with correct street name and house number "36a" and was possible to save without any error from WME.

Then I wanted to move the place closer over the house and the street but then WME responds with "... invalid house number ..." Why?

I also tried to change to a capital A for the house number, this without moving the place position, same respons, "... invalid house number ..." Why?

Second issue I often see is if the place is reported have a house number without a letter, then it can only be saved without a letter. If I add a letter WME will again respond with "... invalid house number ..." Why?

Note that this issue is only seen for residential, for any other place you can change the house number without any issues seen!

Here is a second residential that I cannot edit or move after it once have been approved, https://www.waze.com/sv/editor?env=row& ... 8.13025197

I tried also to keep the position but added a navigation point, but that also ends up in "... invalid house number ..."!

BR
Anders
avozetta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
/Anders
Sweden Wiki Master, Sweden Waze Champ, Sweden Country Manager, AM in Sweden/Stockholm area, Waze Beta Tester
Sony Xperia 5 IV Android 13

Post by avozetta
michanraichuu wrote:
avozetta wrote:Hi, CM from Sweden!

I have spent some time on editing residential places here in Sweden and see issues that are related to this thread and I cannot agree that the limitation to not support letters is fully true, if so there is a bug as you can add a residential from the client where the house number includes letters and you can approve that in WME, but then if you try to edit that residential in any way, it will end up in an error message " invalid house number ... ".

In more detail:
For along time when editing residential in WME, WME will respond with "invalid house number". Especially when the house number contains a letter like "36a", "36A or "36 a" or "36 A".

This was reported from app with correct street name and house number "36a" and was possible to save without any error from WME.

Then I wanted to move the place closer over the house and the street but then WME responds with "... invalid house number ..." Why?

I also tried to change to a capital A for the house number, this without moving the place position, same respons, "... invalid house number ..." Why?

Second issue I often see is if the place is reported have a house number without a letter, then it can only be saved without a letter. If I add a letter WME will again respond with "... invalid house number ..." Why?

Note that this issue is only seen for residential, for any other place you can change the house number without any issues seen!

Here is a second residential that I cannot edit or move after it once have been approved, https://www.waze.com/sv/editor?env=row& ... 8.13025197

I tried also to keep the position but added a navigation point, but that also ends up in "... invalid house number ..."!

BR
Anders
Any progress with this? More and more places are showing up with information that can't be edited. This still only occurs to residental places.
With a tip from the Swedish community it seems that this is finally supported, the two examples above I can now edit the content and move the point in the map and save without any errors. I have also added a few new once here on Östervägen in Solna, https://www.waze.com/sv/editor?env=row& ... s=86277515, 24A and B, 26A and B.
avozetta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
/Anders
Sweden Wiki Master, Sweden Waze Champ, Sweden Country Manager, AM in Sweden/Stockholm area, Waze Beta Tester
Sony Xperia 5 IV Android 13

Post by bkofford
I also am unable to edit a house number to add a missing letter. Most addresses in the area are affected by this issue affects because many of them were entered in before letters were supported, yet the entire county uses a letter in every unincorporated address, and they need to be updated.

bkofford
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
It seems to me really absurd, I can enter an address with a house number with letter from the WME, I can enter it for commercial Places but I can't for residential places.
This, however, remains for me a BUG.
Regardless of whether they are searchable or not.

I can't insert my Home as a destination from Client because it has an address with letter.
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by matsalka
Waze tells that it's working as designed and there is no alphanumeric support for addresses right now.

... while other places actually can have alphanumeric house numbers. Go figure.
matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti

Post by michanraichuu
avozetta wrote:Hi, CM from Sweden!

In more detail:

BR
Anders
Any progress with this? More and more places are showing up with information that can't be edited. This still only occurs to residental places.
michanraichuu
Send a message