The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Waze has the wrong point for an address

Post by steelguitarlane
I know it generally takes a PC instead of a phone to make points in Waze, and I'd have loved to have made a location.
28271 US 6 in Rifle (or Antlers) Colorado is a lot where FedEx Ground drivers meet to swap trailers, and to turn three sets of doubles into two sets of triples.
Waze points to a place a half mile north of 6 on Mile Pond road, unsuitable for trucks Mile Pond isn't US 6). The actual point is at 39.539449,-107.741826
As I got there first Friday (a team from Cincinnati meets a solo truck from Salt Lake City daily to swap trailers, and I got to fill in), it was no fun pulling a set of pups down skinny farm roads.
Both the address resolves incorrectly, and it'd be great if someone could create a location called "FedEx Ground Triples pad and Butthead point Rifle" at the GPS coordinates
steelguitarlane

POSTER_ID:17055385

Send a message

Post by chucksways
I have added the named place at the lot and have also put an address marker at the turn point. Please allow a few days for the app to update.

After the app updates - when searching in Waze, ignore all search suggestions as you type. Press search, and choose the destination from the search results. That forces Waze to use the latest info. If you had this saved as a favorite or you chose it from your search history, you must delete it then search as described and re-save it.

The reason for the your original misrouting was that Google Maps was providing the search suggestion you chose and their location marker was at the back of the lot, which was closer to the farm road. I have submitted those corrections also, but Google is less predictable about approving updates.

Thank you for reporting this and providing the detailed info. Safe travels.

Thanks,
Chuck
chucksways  
Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Howdy MorrisGarage. Where is the address so we can connect you with the right thread and editors to help? Thanks!
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by MorrisGarage
Hello
I use frequently an address that Waze lead me to, but on the wrong side of the road, and at this place, no car can cross the road, so following Waze lead me to to to the next roundabout before I reach the right side of the road. How Can this be fixed ? Which information and via which channel I need to report the exact place with its address. Thank you
MorrisGarage
Send a message

Post by steelguitarlane
Thanks! Y'all are great
steelguitarlane
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Actually, it's quite easy to make a new place (point) at your current location using the phone.

Tap the orange Report button in the lower right corner of the screen, then tap Place. Take a picture of something relevant, so it will be less likely to be rejected durimg review, then fill in the appropriate details. Use the "Other" category in this case, since there isn't anything truly correct for your situation.

In the mean time, we'll investigate why Waze sent you off track to that address.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!