The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Right Address, Wrong Directions, for Location in PA

Post by RealGoGo97
This is with regard to a WalMart located in Lewisburg, PA. This is the second time I’ve asked Waze for directions to WalMart in this area, driving south on route 15 from Milton, PA. Waze has the correct address for WalMart (on AJK Blvd), but the navigation directions send you past AJK Blvd about a half mile, to a final destination on Walter Drive (I believe that is WalMart’s previous location from a few years ago). I first reported this in January, about a month ago. This second report is from about ten days ago.

I am uploading screen shots. In one shot I'm sitting in the WalMart parking lot and you can see that Waze is still trying to send me out of the parking lot to AJK Blvd, and further down the highway to the mistaken Walter Drive location. The second shot is the set of written directions that accompanied the map (also suggesting I leave the WalMart parking lot and go to the Walter Drive location). Hope these images help.

I did report this the second time using the Waze app, and wrote some comments, but couldn't get it to "take" as far as I know. No matter what I did the text wouldn't attach and I don't think it was actually reported. Thought I'd try these forums? Thanks!
RealGoGo97

POSTER_ID:17627384

Send a message
Attachments

Post by JimboBaggins1966
This appears be a case of old location stored in your phone's history.

Please remove any instance of this address from your history and favorites by tapping the 'i' within the blue circle and then 'remove from history'. Then search for the Walmart again. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or favorites, you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then it most likely needs to be looked at by locals in the Pennsylvania forums. viewforum.php?f=215

Have a great day.
JimboBaggins1966
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RealGoGo97
Ok, thanks. I'll try that the next time I'm out there (this location is in PA - I don't live in the state).
RealGoGo97
Send a message