Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Can't edit house number placed too far away from street

Post by morgangrammer
I'm trying to fix a reported issue with a house number, but Waze won't let me move the number to match the road position of the driveway (which is what I think the user is trying to indicate). It appears the house number is forced, and the tag is outside of the editable area (the house is set back from the road a considerable distance -- long driveway). How do I fix this?

Permalink:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-94.93 ... TTTTTTTFTT
morgangrammer

POSTER_ID:1475017

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
morgangrammer wrote:...I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to solve this with my credentials.
That's correct. You can post an update request in the appropriate forum for your country.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
Are you a rank 3 editor? The issues are addressed in the wiki here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... ers_in_WME
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by morgangrammer
Unfortunately, no, I am only a rank 1 editor, which probably half of my problem. I will read the Wiki page, but I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to solve this with my credentials. Thanks.
morgangrammer
Send a message

Post by nahrihra
I noticed that in some cases Waze allowed me to force numbers far away from the street, and in some cases not.

Well, in Russia using the house numbers system is still to problematic to bother. We have most houses situated on unnamed driveways, sometimes almost a kilometer away from the named street.
nahrihra
Send a message