Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

House numbers and access....

Post by SocalToe
Just an idea if waze is adding house numbers.

If you're at the point of putting house numbers at a location, include a field to indicate how easy it is to access the location via left and/or right turn from the street.

I'm often routed to a location that I can't left turn into..............

This way the route directions can route you to a location that's right-turn entry only correctly......
SocalToe

POSTER_ID:10153877

Send a message
Ed

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Riamus wrote:This is just a guess, but once Waze starts using its own house numbers rather than an external source, it will probably route you the correct way so that you can turn into the location.
Yes and no. For houses it will be much more difficult if it is on a street which disallows turning across. For businesses, if they have a parking lot road, turn restrictions can handle getting the driver oriented properly. Waze was supposed to get "left" or "right" verbiage in the Waze around the same time Waze house numbers are released to in-app searches. But since development on house numbers appears to have stalled in favor of Update Requests conversations.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Riamus
This is just a guess, but once Waze starts using its own house numbers rather than an external source, it will probably route you the correct way so that you can turn into the location.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.

Post by Riamus
Ah, good point. Well, depending on how they decide to do things with Google, maybe someday we will be told to put in driveways. At that point, it can be set to route correctly. I don't know that it's worth doing, but who knows what the future will bring.

I don't really know of any other navigation software or device that routes you to the correct place to enter the driveway if turns aren't possible. So the lack doesn't really mean Waze isn't up to par with others.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.