The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Level 3 Editor and Unable to Force House Number

Post by Jpere
I'm trying to force #541 on this segment to be over a building outside the permitted area, but even though I'm a level 3 editor, I encounter an error message indicating that I do not have the proper permissions to make the changes.

I read the Wiki and understand the process, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any pointers?
Jpere

POSTER_ID:1880253

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jpere wrote:I'm still unclear as to why I could not make this edit. I just went back to try to modify the anchor to be on this node instead and it still does not allow me.
I'm not sure what's up either. It let me move it. Some of the segments with that name are set to Rank 4. I wonder if perhaps something there is causing a problem? It's not supposed to but we sometimes are surprised.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Check the spot, is this right? If not, put a landmark where you want it. Once it is set, the landmark can be deleted.

As for the business landmarks, read the discusion here: viewtopic.php?f=276&t=26005

Right now we leave the business search to Bing/Google and don't landmark these.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Jpere
bigbear3764 wrote:Check the spot, is this right? If not, put a landmark where you want it. Once it is set, the landmark can be deleted.

As for the business landmarks, read the discusion here: viewtopic.php?f=276&t=26005

Right now we leave the business search to Bing/Google and don't landmark these.
Thanks for taking care of that for me.

As for the landmarks concern, I've been referring to http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=23352 for the localized United States discussion. So far, no agreements have been struck.

I'm still unclear as to why I could not make this edit. I just went back to try to modify the anchor to be on this node instead and it still does not allow me.
Jpere
Send a message