Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

House number edited, but don´t take effect - Brazil

Post by joaotavares85
Hi, i live in São bernardo do Campo - Brazil, and i have edited house number along the streets i live and work, and the modifications don´t take effect.
So, it keeps me on wrong routes.

When will it take effect, can someone help ?
joaotavares85

POSTER_ID:16334913

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please read the documentation in the wiki which answers your question. Thank you.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What does the last item under "Things to remember" say? Please read everything. It was written for reason. Almost every question asked has been asked and the answers are available for everyone.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
joaotavares85 wrote: sorry, i really didn´t see it, but, it means that it will alaway be wrong ? while this "external data" don´t fix ?

So, its something i will never see on the app?
Until the search code is updated to use the internal data, yes. The stop point must be able to be located on any segment in order for the feature to be useful in actual use. Until then, the data won't be used. See the FAQ for more info on updating other providers.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by joaotavares85
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please read the documentation in the wiki which answers your question. Thank you.
Tks, but i have already read it, and there is nothing saying that i can´t edit house numbers as a level 1 map aditor, there are restrictions only to "force" a hgouse number.

I still don´t understand why it doesn´t take effect after i chanced all numbers in 2 streets that were in my "editing area".

att

Joao
joaotavares85
Send a message

Post by joaotavares85
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:What does the last item under "Things to remember" say? Please read everything. It was written for reason. Almost every question asked has been asked and the answers are available for everyone.
You refer to the line that says it "relies on external data"
sorry, i really didn´t see it, but, it means that it will alaway be wrong ? while this "external data" don´t fix ?

So, its something i will never see on the app?

tks again
joaotavares85
Send a message