Loop driveways  Topic is solved

The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Loop driveways  Topic is solved

Postby CBenson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Riamus wrote:But for a two-way street, do we split the difference or pick one driveway entrance randomly?
I haven't been adding many address numbers so have not had to make this decision often, but when I have I have chosen the driveway with the mailbox. So far that has been a successful way for me to choose, but I'm sure it won't always work.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Loop driveways

Postby Riamus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Do we have any standard for handling loop driveways? I don't see any mention of it in the Wiki. Loop driveways would be driveways that have a minimum of two entrances and may or may not connect to the road near one another (or even to the same road). I think it's pretty clear what to do on a dead end street... put the stop point at the first driveway you come to. But for a two-way street, do we split the difference or pick one driveway entrance randomly? My thought is to split the difference, but I wanted to see if we have any accepted standard for this situation. Especially when there are cases where the looped driveway could have a fair amount of space between the different entrances.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Re: Loop driveways

Postby Riamus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 am

That makes sense. Thanks.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Return to House Numbers (Addresses)