The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Address in "difficult" location

Post by CookeCity
So, I had to be in Sunny SoCal the last couple of weeks, and I tried using Waze to get me around. One of the more interesting issues I had was being routed to a Best Buy on Fletcher Pkwy in El Cajon, CA

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-116.9 ... TT&env=usa

The Best Buy is in the center "white" building in the center of the Permalink. Its address is 149 Fletcher Pkwy, in El Cajon, CA.

Problem is, while I was traveling eastbound on Fletcher, Waze wanted me to bypass the "Village Pkwy" road which was the entrance to the shopping center, and instead take the onramp to the Freeway and evidently "park on the onramp" as this was the closest location to the Best Buy! Not an optimal solution. So once I returned home I tried to see if I could fix this...but I am stumped. The address is on Fletcher Pkwy, but I can see why Waze is confused. Is there anything that should be done, or is this just an "acceptable casualty" ?
CookeCity

POSTER_ID:16080936

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Item #28 of the FAQ applies here: What do I do when Waze has my destination or address at the wrong location?

As an area manager, you should have known this.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
Where does Google have the marker pin at? Bet that it is closer to the highway. Move their marker.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CookeCity
Missed that one. This was the first time I had come across this type of error. Time to re-read all the docs - again. Thanks.
CookeCity
Send a message