Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.
Post by petervdveen
Can I ask you why you didn't connect the road to the road network?

We do have a lot of this 'non-drive able' roads over here indeed ;-)
If you look for example at this map: http://goo.gl/maps/Nt7H4
you can clearly see all the small lines, those are non-drive able roads, but they do have a lot of houses and addresses on it :-)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
GizmoGuy411 wrote: I was still following our Wiki guidelines, that state:
Okey, I think this should be reconsidered.
Now the route will never reach the destination.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation Z710e met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
CBenson wrote:Why can't they remain unattached and have the addresses set there? Why the exception to the "never connect" rule?
I guess it doesn't exist in America, but in Europe there are larger residental area's where there are no car allowed and you have to walk a few streets.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by umopapisdn
When i tried this navigation in the app, the route ended on a nearby corner (nowhere to park, though, and probably too far to see the buildings anyway) and the flag was planted on Washington Ct. Similar results with livemap navigation. Based on county GIS data (which has way clearer imagery of the area, btw) i can see a parking spot corresponding to each of the properties on Washington Ct on the alley just to the north. It doesn't look like there is any parking on US-40 / Main St.

I agree with AlanOfTheBerg, but i think we're going to have to add that alley and hook this walking segment up that. Maybe this doesn't work and we have to undo the changes, but at least we'll have learned something, right? I don't think it's physically possible to get a car between the buildings from the alley, so worst case scenario is someone double parks. Maybe call the local pizza place and see what they do when they're delivering there? ;)

<rant> At a strategic level our goal is to get drivers to where they need to be, but at some point end users might have to rely on other means to get past a certain level of detail. Waze doesn't zoom in enough to tell exactly which property is which in this instance, so where do we draw the line as far as accuracy is concerned?

This reminds me of the apartment building my aunt lived at in the Chicago area years ago. https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=9&lat ... 13&env=usa
All the parking was on street, but each of the doorways had its own number. Once inside the door there were individual apartment numbers. There may have been a sign near the street that indicated which numbers could be found in that building, but in the end you either relied on directions from the person you were visiting and they told you it was the second building on the left if you're turning off of Lee and the third door on the right and then ring apartment whatever, or you used a combination of your feet and eyeballs to find the place. </rant>
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Central and Southern Indiana; LAM INDOT Vincennes District.
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/421565.png