You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Idea: Editors being able to post Construction/Accidents

Post by ChevyLuke1
Hi everyone,

I had a great idea for Waze Editors and that is for Editors to post Construction notices or Accident Notices for lane closures, etc.

TrafficCast in Ontario doesn't do a great job of explaining closures. The reports from TrafficCast just say for example "Lanes Closed on Hwy 401. Expect Delays". That is very vague.

An Example of what I mean is If 2 lanes were going to be blocked on Hwy 401 EB Xps at DVP/Hwy 404 in Toronto, then Editors could put a report exactly like how drivers report Collisions, construction, traffic jams etc. to drivers saying "2 right lanes closed for Construction on Hwy 401 EB Xps b/w DVP & Don Mills Rd" Descriptive, Short and Simple

I have RTC access and I manage Traffic all over Ontario and I think this would be a great feature to every Waze Editor. This feature should be able for Editors with RTC access as well. This will improve the usefulness of the app.

I hope this idea will be added to Waze. If you have Any Questions or Comments, reply below or PM me

Thanks

ChevyLuke
Area Manger for Ontario
ChevyLuke1
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17154955

Send a message

Post by m4rc072
Yes also for me this is a great idea.
Please give us a chance at least to insert from WME Construction Zone Long Time Report (Like Time restriction or clousure)
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
WilfredsCat wrote:http://feedthe.waze.hu/
In Germany 2 CMs are managing the incoming ones.
Maybe you can do this also in your Country?
These are only Pins and don't affect traffic. Please make sure you also make a TBR or Closure and remember the TBR get's online with the Tile-Update ;)
It's an Waze-Extern Website. You don't need your Waze-Password. Just take another one.
Many CMs and others wanted this feature but Waze-Staff ignores it more or less so this Site was created and they accepted it. Not perfect solved but better than nothing ;)
I already know FTW, but it does not work very well :cry: for this I ask to enter this directly in WME like Speedcamera now, It would be very useful, especially for road works that will last a long time, where there isn't a road closure but a slowdown or a detour.
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
When I enter reports of roadwork or other with FTW on the road it appears a Pin but there is no audio alert

Inviato dal mio OPO con tapatalk
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by WilfredsCat
http://feedthe.waze.hu/
In Germany 2 CMs are managing the incoming ones.
Maybe you can do this also in your Country?
These are only Pins and don't affect traffic. Please make sure you also make a TBR or Closure and remember the TBR get's online with the Tile-Update ;)
It's an Waze-Extern Website. You don't need your Waze-Password. Just take another one.
Many CMs and others wanted this feature but Waze-Staff ignores it more or less so this Site was created and they accepted it. Not perfect solved but better than nothing ;)
WilfredsCat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by WilfredsCat
m4rc072 wrote: I already know FTW, but it does not work very well :cry: for this I ask to enter this directly in WME like Speedcamera now, It would be very useful, especially for road works that will last a long time, where there isn't a road closure but a slowdown or a detour.
What's not working? The Likes and Comments are sometimes resetting, but that's all of the lack I know.
WilfredsCat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by WilfredsCat
m4rc072 wrote:When I enter reports of roadwork or other with FTW on the road it appears a Pin but there is no audio alert

Inviato dal mio OPO con tapatalk
That's something I can't confirm because I use FTW only on fullclosed Roads. Too Many Pins would make it unseeable ;)
WilfredsCat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message