Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Place Reject Reason

Post by cobra_snake
How about a feature that lets an editor reject a place with communication of why it was rejected?

The reporter would have the opportunity to fix, correct, learn, and resubmit.

The community would benefit with better place information.
cobra_snake

POSTER_ID:17005517

Send a message

Post by bart99gt
While I'd prefer an actual text box where I could tell a user why I rejected something, some simple canned responses would be sufficient for most.

"Poor quality photo/taken through windows"
"Place submitted from moving vehicle"
"Place already exists in Waze"
"Invalid or bad update information"
"Detail field not for personal review/commentary on place" (This is becoming more and more common)
"Place marker grossly misplaced/Cannot determine correct location" (My patience for tracking down an errant location, particularly when it lacks the correct street name, no HN, and no other details is rather short)
"Need specific name of business, not general 'Barber' or 'Doctor's Office'" (Big one when someone submits a new place that is an office building with multiple doctors!)

I'd say that would cover the vast majority of bad place submissions/updates.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by dfw_gis
Although a long shot, having an option of sending an inquiry to the generator of the PUR through the app message inbox (akin to a UR) would be helpful in some cases where a little more information could assist whether it be a new place or a flagged review.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Eagles1181
Some form of communication with reports would be nice. Especially on things like "Place details are wrong, gas prices are now $2.17." I do feel bad when I reject 8 or 10 straight from the same person because the pictures have license plate numbers visible.

Eagle
Eagles1181
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
I'm not too worried about rejecting due to the license plate part because honestly, anything I reject often has multiple reasons anyway. But I agree it is a good idea. Maybe not edit submissions, but at least allow them to improve their future photos due to feedback. Much like we offer to new editors needing guidance.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Happy_Lyn
I am mostly bumping this. I have heard we should not be necessarily rejecting everything that does not meet standards, but rather accept and delete/change to avoid getting someone auto-banned over time. Keeping this in mind, it seems especially important to be able to attach feedback to the approval/reject notification. Someone could get banned for something silly like flagging a gas station with incorrect prices and never know why.
Happy_Lyn
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Happy_Lyn

Michigan State Manager
WV Large Area Manager
PA Area Manager

https://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

Saving routing, one soft turn and city name at a time.

Post by HBiede
Agreed. A flat reject doesn’t fit well with a growth mindset, which we need to have when teaching editors how to start
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by IamtheLexx
inflexionEstrian wrote:Not a huge fan of predefined replies but any kind of communication within PURs is better than what we have now which is nothing.
Waze does send a message to the Wazer through the app that their update was or wasn't approved.

IamtheLexx
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jalondon628
Bumping this. I think this would be a wonderful addition and might even help users understand what we look for with place submissions. Every Waze user is an editor in some form or fashion anyway so this could only help.
jalondon628
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Joel London (jalondon628)
US Country Manager
US South Central Region multi-state manager (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas)
Based in Dallas, TX

https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by jm6087
Happy_Lyn wrote:I am mostly bumping this. I have heard we should not be necessarily rejecting everything that does not meet standards, but rather accept and delete/change to avoid getting someone auto-banned over time. Keeping this in mind, it seems especially important to be able to attach feedback to the approval/reject notification. Someone could get banned for something silly like flagging a gas station with incorrect prices and never know why.
To me, the issue with approving a PURs and making the changes required to make it acceptable, is that if enough are approved then they will be able to submit bad places without moderation. While I don't want to reject everything bad, I would rather reject and add a place than have someone who we can't get into Discord to teach quality editing keep submitting bad places and eventually not be moderated.

A reject reason sent back would at least help explain.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ