You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).
Post by taco909
GadgetMTS wrote:With the LA Map Raid this week, I have seen a few URs that beg Waze to stop suggesting routes across busy highways. Even if the user is responsible for their drive we should have a method to deter routing for safety's sake. Simply demoting a segment by one FC is not good enough because the URs are coming from Street FC anyway, so a demotion is not possible. When creating a new road, Routing preference is an option, but it does not show up after the segment exists.

So, ... +1 for this request.

Jeremy
Increasing the short detour penalty from 30 to 90 seconds will solve most of those URs.

Most of these detours are attempting to get around busy intersections.
Intersection timing is changing, and not for the better.
A few years ago, flashing don't walk times were required to be increased by roughly 15%. Some cities still have not implemented it, the city I work for has at all but one location.
This has resulted in many of my intersections that used to run tight on a 90 second cycle needing to be increased to a 110s minimum cycle.

Now today, California released the latest MUTCD revisions that, depending on the situation, add as much as 1/2 second to yellow times.
Doesn't sound like a lot, but that's 1 second added for each through and left turn pair... that's 2 seconds per cycle per intersection. If an intersection is running a 120 second cycle, that's 30 cycles per hour, that's a minute removed from the green time.
That's 30-40 fewer cars per lane per hour that I can move through the intersection.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich