You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Editing a river

Post by fpema
Why the river in my town does not appear in the editor?
The river is out of place, I want to put it in place.
It would be nice if we could edit the rivers that appear in APP but do not appear in the editor.

Thanks!
fpema

POSTER_ID:16971191

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Water layer is not currently editable. Some missing rivers and lakes are added manually by editors to our Places layer, but for existing/misplaced rivers, that will only end up with duplication visible in the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
edulg wrote:But what can be done when rivers and lakes on the "water layer" are misplaced? How can we help to realign those objects?
As of now, there isn't anything we can do about it. I don't think there is a form to report incorrect water feature location/shape, etc.

It was proposed that users be given the ability to edit this layer. Waze said this ability would put considerably more strain on the tile build process. We counter-proposed that the water layer only update on a 10% daily schedule and not on tiles changed as the current process works for roads and other current objects. They accepted that as a possibility.

Developers are working on other more pressing features at this time. So the ability to edit water features is likely to be several months away at the earliest.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Dan_Olsson wrote:I don't understand this request. At least in the international server there are no problems editing rivers/seas.
I adjusted this one just now:
https://www.waze.com/sv/editor/?env=row ... 26.2221084
You are adding a Place on the Places layer. There is an underlying Water layer we cannot access which has objects as well.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dan_Olsson
I don't understand this request. At least in the international server there are no problems editing rivers/seas.
I adjusted this one just now:
https://www.waze.com/sv/editor/?env=row ... 26.2221084
Dan_Olsson
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
AM Helsingborg/Landskrona etc (in Sweden)

Post by edulg
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Water layer is not currently editable. Some missing rivers and lakes are added manually by editors to our Places layer, but for existing/misplaced rivers, that will only end up with duplication visible in the app.
But what can be done when rivers and lakes on the "water layer" are misplaced? How can we help to realign those objects?

Thanks!
edulg
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Machete808
Bumping this thread just to point out: We have loads of accuracy problem with the water layer, as we are surrounded by the stuff. I've closed one UR posted about it today, but there have been others.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!