You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

gates that restrict access to private roads

Post by tanrover
My country has a lot of gated communities that allow access on certain gates at certain times. I suggest gates (places) that restrict access to private roads at certain times that a map editor from that area can amend.
tanrover

POSTER_ID:16803236

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You can use a scheduled restriction.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There are pretty standard guidelines for private communities in the wiki on how to set road types to guide the public through only public entrances. The tricky part is for the residents, though, because Waze doesn't care who you are, resident or public. Public routing is really the only one Waze can consider.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by captwigglesworth
I know of the Scheduled restriction however, where i am 90% of the gated communities have a front gate for residence only while th back gate is for commercial or residence. it would be nice in the app to incorporate some sort of popup like "this rout includes a gate that is restricted to residence only" or something along those lines. It could be another 15 to 20 min drive if you try the wrong gate just to be turned around to the one you ARE allowed in.
captwigglesworth
Send a message