Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Intersection Editing

Post by Lexrav
I've been editing for a while and one of the most annoying things is working the intersections.
Trying to connect intersections where there's 5+ streets connecting, plus making it be as accurate as the actual roads its a pain, just like the one's in the images below.
map3.jpg
(61.06 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
So i thought of a way that could probably work, by making a shape at the point where road meets a stop sign or traffic light, to eliminate the hassle of figuring out how to connect all the roads at the intersection. When the app marks a route it would just make the connection automatically from one road to the other. (Images below)
map1.jpg
(84.32 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
map2.jpg
(65.73 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
I don't know if that is possible or effective for map editing, it's an idea I thought would simplify the editing of intersections, and also for when a U-turn is made at big intersections the app generates the "Missing Road (Automatic detected) The roads are too far apart from each other and most likely a road is missing in between" the point where the car actually makes the U-turn and the intersection point on the map.

But that's up the Waze expert guys, and if there's a better way to work this out I know it'll be appreciated.

Thanks.
Lexrav
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:14848366

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is called a Junction Box and is one the map developers top priorities at this time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Lexrav wrote:Oh.. that's good to know!
Hope they can work that out.

Thanks.
You're welcome. We do too. Because not only will it make complex junctions "easier" to build, we will be able to manually control TTS instructions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Lexrav
I don't think that'd be a problem.
Once the intersection shape is created it could have the options on the side panel just like when a "Place (area)" is created. Or just click one of the intersection points and have the option to select "Turn restriction" and then select the other end point that is gonna have the turn restricted.
I'm very sure the programmers can work it out!
Lexrav
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Lexrav
Oh.. that's good to know!
Hope they can work that out.

Thanks.
Lexrav
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
How would you designate turn restrictions?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“