You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Improve Interface for House Numbers

Post by voludu2
WME needs a better interface for working with house numbers.
This needs to be coupled with a better way for Waze to route wazers to addresses, especially now that waze is more likely to choose its own data over Google's than ever before. It is NOT AS GOOD to stop the wazer at the foot of a long PLR rather than guide them into the proper arm of the parking lot, when the wazer has searched a destination by address.

And working with these addresses is really more difficult than it needs to be. Think of the hours of waze community effort an improved interface would save. Think of the

Below are some examples from a condominium community in the suburbs in PA.
When I started work, I found a bunch of imported addresses, in stacks of 4. So 201-204 were in one stack, 205-208 in another stack, etc.

In order to "confirm" each of these addresses, I need to drag them off their respective stacks and make at least a little bit of sense out of them for routing purposes.

This is a big hassle.
  1. Just getting the address I want to work with
    1. It is difficult to select the address I want. Even when I click DIRECTLY on the address "house pin" or right in the number, I am just as likely to wind up selecting another nearby number
    2. Once I have selected an address I DO NOT want, it is likely to take me a couple of clicks to DEselect it
    3. And then a few more tries to select the one I want (see step a above)
  2. Waze insists that numbers must alternate, odd/even on opposite sides of the streets. That does not apply in condo communities, and prevents level-2 editors from working on these addresses. An interface is needed in which someone can set "houses numbered condo-style" per street or place/area or some appropriate interface choice
    1. Currently, I need to force every single save
    2. Half of the time, WME does not even offer me the opportunity to force. It tells me to fix the addresses and try again. The only way to solve this is to CLOSE the House Address Editor and ABANDON the changes I have just made. Return to step 1a. ARRGH!
  3. The "you can only put the street pin on the named road" rule makes life difficult for editors and drivers alike
    1. It is pretty much impossible to get 30 or so addresses in proper sequence right at the junction of the PLR with the main road
    2. And then Waze will stop the driver at the street pin, no matter how long the PLR is. What's the point of a street-side stop pin that stops the wazer at the wrong place?
voludu2

POSTER_ID:16966196

Send a message
Attachments

Post by drwmv
Well said. your example #1 and #2 mirror a complex I did the other night, from stacked to positioning then correctly and in the end 100 had to be forced because all were even addresses through out the complex. I had to stall on this UR repair till I turned level 3 as well, or put in a request for some one to force 100 addresses? Which couldn't be done easily as you mentioned above. Basically a level 3 or above project from start.

However I believe, forcing should still be prevented from level 1's and maybe lower level 2's pending a verification from Champs. Or possibly an unlock mechanism with approval from upper level 3 and above? Would save some level 3's from hours of addressing, and allow them to assist with lower level editor needs and training.
drwmv
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message