Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Speed cameras, allow to select type

Post by shr3k
Hi, I just noticed that people unnecessarily reports fake speed cameras like radar signs, cameras for traffic statistics etc. in my area as real speed cameras because they simply don't know, what kind of camera they saw. Would it be possible to have opportunity not just approve, set speed or delete these cameras but select their actual function too, so they will not be reported again and again?
shr3k

POSTER_ID:890016

Send a message
Sony XPeria Z1 Compact in Mazda6 Wagon 2.2 CD Revolution

Post by MGODLEW
See ticket #: 19
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by taco909
shr3k wrote:Hi, I just noticed that people unnecessarily reports fake speed cameras like radar signs, cameras for traffic statistics etc. in my area as real speed cameras because they simply don't know, what kind of camera they saw. Would it be possible to have opportunity not just approve, set speed or delete these cameras but select their actual function too, so they will not be reported again and again?
Sadly, no matter how they are tagged, they will ALWAYS be reported again and again.

I've gone through areas of the map where every intersection already has 4 RLCs displaying in the app, and there's 2 (or more) newly reported RLCs at every intersection.

Fortunately, until approved, cameras do not appear on the app, and if they are not approved or edited, they drop off after 30 days.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich