You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Add Stop Signs

Post by bad-robit
Hello,

I have seen a couple of posts about this topic but I want to try to clearly point out why I think this is possibly a good idea.

First I am very new to the area I am currently living and it seems they LOVE their stop signs. I have unfortunately run through one or two because it is hidden by a tree and I am "supposed" to know about it because it has been there "forever". This is the main use case that I see for adding stop signs. Mainly because if you are familiar with the area there is NO need for the map to present this data to you.

To address everyone's concerns about a cluttered map. This should be "hidden" information. They should NOT show up on the map. They should be something that the navigation system is aware of but doesn't show the user. This solves the problem of making maps to cluttered and taking away from the systems simplicity.

Then you would ask the question if we are not displaying it what use are they? To answer this I would direct your attention back to the use case. Almost or running a stop sign because we are unaware of it being there. You can easily tell if a user is ignoring or unaware of a stop sign as there is no deceleration as you approach them there system can see that you are about to run a stop sign. AT this point a notification can pop up saying something like "stop sign in the next intersection".

I think this would be useful as it would help people avoid the sometimes honest mistake of running a stop sign you cannot see. To address the problem of what if there was a stop sign but there is not one anymore you could have a system much like the police reports where a "Not There" option is able to be selected and upon a certain number of these being collected it can be flagged for review.

To simplify the process for adding a stop sign you could place an option in the "reporting" menu for adding them. To add one you must be at a complete stop and roughly at an intersection. That way the system can use your previously traveled direction to make an assumption about the stop and to add it to the system for review. This could not be done while driving such as the "Fuel Prices" which can be done at speed if done by a passenger.

I think this would very much be an added value to the waze system that would make streets safer both for drivers and the pedestrians who use these stop signs.

Hopefully you either agree or could help to shape this into a more detailed feature request that could be presented to the waze team :)
bad-robit

POSTER_ID:16997826

Send a message

MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“