Move Roundabouts

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Move Roundabouts

Postby vince1612 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 am

hariskar1 wrote:Still no way to move roundabouts?

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=211079
JustinS83 wrote:WME RA Util

Current Version: 2017.11.14.01

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23616-wme-ra-util

This script enables the ability to shift a roundabout N/E/S/W by a definable amount (default amount is 1 meter). This allows an editor to correctly place a roundabout that may be out of alignment with aerials (due to bad initial drawing, being created before aerials were updated, etc.) without needing to delete & recreate the roundabout and thus lose segment history.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hariskar_ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 pm

But when a roundabout has roads attached to it the roundabout node that connects to the road does not move and the roundabout shape gets strange. Am I doing something wrong?
hariskar_
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sorin100 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

That's true . It's been happening lately
Sorin
CM - Israel, CM - Thailand
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
sorin100
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 am

hariskar1 wrote:But when a roundabout has roads attached to it the roundabout node that connects to the road does not move and the roundabout shape gets strange. Am I doing something wrong

You are not. A bug introduced in the most recent WME release means that a function used by Justin's script isn't working properly - only the junction nodes of the roundabout get moved, the rest of the geometry stays where it is.

This is an acknowledged bug by HQ, so we are hoping for a fix.

cw1998 wrote:As well as moving roundabouts, I would like to be able to adjust their size/radius as well, without having to redo the entire roundabout for reasons already mentioned.

That's on Justin's "wish list" for the script. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby IamtheLexx » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 pm

I would like to see better implementation of oval roundabouts, being able to rotate them to conform to the aerial image.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Huawei Nexus 6P Android Oreo 8.1 | Nexus 5X Oreo 8.1
PM: Ontario
IamtheLexx
State Manager
State Manager

Postby iainhouse » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:03 pm

IamtheLexx wrote:I would like to see better implementation of oval roundabouts, being able to rotate them to conform to the aerial image.

Give that this request is rapidly approaching it's 4th anniversary without action, I don't think Waze are ever going to do it.

But JustinS83's WME RA Util script, mentioned above, can rotate roundabouts as well as moving them. So you can draw a horizontal/vertical oval, then rotate it to how you want. And the script is working fine now. :mrgreen:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby Osaka78 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:19 am

Do you all use programs like Meazure? You can trace circles, angles, lines etc with floating tools that stay on top of your browser window. We love using the circle tool in Meazure for mapping roundabouts and finding the perfect center of roads. Kudos to C Thing Software for creating such an awesome free and open source program. Kind regards from Osaka78 PS please let us know, what are your favourite mapping tools??
Meazure http://www.cthing.com/Meazure.asp
Osaka78

Postby jm6087 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Osaka78 wrote:Do you all use programs like Meazure? You can trace circles, angles, lines etc with floating tools that stay on top of your browser window. We love using the circle tool in Meazure for mapping roundabouts and finding the perfect center of roads. Kudos to C Thing Software for creating such an awesome free and open source program. Kind regards from Osaka78 PS please let us know, what are your favourite mapping tools??
Meazure http://www.cthing.com/Meazure.asp

Most of us use a script created by one of the volunteer editors to be able to move roundabouts. I think what everyone here would like is to see it become part of the native WME.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Happy_Lyn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:11 am

I believe this was brought up to staff again at one or more of the NA Meetups. I doubt that it is anywhere on the timeline, but we can keep hoping. Haha
AM in Michigan, USA
AM in Austin, Pennsylvania, USA
AM in Beckley, West Virginia, USA

Saving routing, one soft turn and city name at a time.
Happy_Lyn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby JustinS83 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Happy_Lyn wrote:I believe this was brought up to staff again at one or more of the NA Meetups. I doubt that it is anywhere on the timeline, but we can keep hoping. Haha

Yes, it is on the list of 10 script/script features that I have asked if devs could implement natively. I have heard which features they are considering for implementation but I was told that the feedback was positive and they are looking into the possibilities.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to WME Feature Requests