Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Feed

Post by moweez
The new feature "Feed" gives some nice opportunities to quickly react to new problems. However, there are some major disadvantages when you have several areas. The issues listed are almost randomly sorted. Issues you handled (like an UR) come back on top of the list the next time you open WME. If you go to the next issue, you might jump from one area to the other side of the world if you have editing access there. Perhaps this is mostly only annoying for higher ranking editors, but if you go on holiday somewhere else and use Waze, it will yield the same problem. It would be much better if they are listed according to (the distance from) the area you currently work on or the area(s) you manage.

Is it possible to add multiple options for sorting?
Like:
Location (at least country, preferably area you currently work on, managed areas, other areas you have acces to)
Type of Problem
Time (from recent to older)

Also, for URs it would be nice to have the timing based on the latest response.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:4565555

Send a message

Post by framingmarc
Many of the reports in my feed need to be handled by higher level map editors.

The simplest solution would be to add a level to each report. Base it on the lock level of the location where it was reported. Alternately, let the user modify the the report level.

Then, add a filter for the feed so it only displays reports not higher than some level. Or better yet, in some range - so higher level editors could focus on higher level reports.
framingmarc
Send a message

Post by framingmarc
Yes, I was referring to the Feed list requests at the left of the window when editing the map.
framingmarc
Send a message

Post by GFM_Danny
I have notice for UR and PUR which is listed in the feed are in my drive area. It will be great if the UR from my manage area are show in the feed, specially show the UR that i'm following.

Right now i've to open the UR from email, because they are not listed in the feed.
GFM_Danny
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 5
Send a message

Telegram : t.me/GFM_Danny

Post by jdtech4u
The feed filter has a few drawbacks in accessing it. Sometimes when I select a filtering option, it eliminates the entire list of URs, so I cannot scroll it [the filter control] to the top of the page, but when I try to 'undo' the filter it opens downward off the screen and I can't access the checkbox that I just checked. Sometimes re-loading the page helps, other times I need to completely close and re-start the browser.
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania

Post by juanchomart
yep!
filters help much to set up the info more as desired
but
as with other scripts
the tunning up process
(figuring out what each filter does)
becomes at the begining more a test & error routine
but independently
i agree the three criteria cited by moweez
would help organize the correspondence

what i've noticed
since the last update
is that
i'm getting the prompt:
"NO MORE MESSAGES & ISSUES!"
(with the car on the hammock animation)
[before
it used to display all the messages
read and unread
giving the option of deleting them]
does it have to do with the settings?
i personally preffered to see all the messages
since i kept some just as mere task reminders

greetings wazers
WazeOn!
juanchomart
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I am assuming you are referring to place update requests?

For general "update requests" I don't know if there is really a way for it to automatically know what level it *should* be.

With that said, I would encourage you to ask for unlocks and review to see if you are taking appropriate action =).
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
jdtech4u wrote:The feed filter has a few drawbacks in accessing it. Sometimes when I select a filtering option, it eliminates the entire list of URs, so I cannot scroll it [the filter control] to the top of the page, but when I try to 'undo' the filter it opens downward off the screen and I can't access the checkbox that I just checked. Sometimes re-loading the page helps, other times I need to completely close and re-start the browser.
I don't think I can help you with your particular issue. But if you provide more detail like which browser you're using, OS, and anything else that may affect the browser (scripts). And if you're using scripts, did you disable them to check?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Lowiekse
Did you try any of this options?

Feed Filter Controls
Filter feed by listing type:

UR
PUR
PM notifications

Filter feed by listing reason:
High-rank issue
Around a favorite place
An old issue. Would you help closing it?
Reopened issue
Around a recent drive
Reported by you
New comments on an issue you follow
An issue you follow
None of the above...

Invert feed filter behaviour

These extra options will be available when you use the script URO+
Lowiekse
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by matsalka
Now the options are completely gone and feed is flooded with foreign place updates and reports totally irrelevant for me.

Filtering and sorting is definitely needed there!
matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti