You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

[Feature Request] Make the "County" field practically usable

Post by tserBK
Hi all,

Regarding the current usage of "County" field in addresses, I'd like to make the following suggestions.

Firstly, I would like to express why I think it is necessary to be improved.
Internationally, a country's administrative divisions generally fall into 3 levels (possibly with a 4th level but rare).
1st: province level (including provinces, states, municipalities, autonomous regions, etc.);
2nd: district level (provincial cities, etc.);
3rd: commune level (not necessary in Waze).

Waze can ideally match these levels, being province-county, district-city. Provincial info is quite important and useful for many countries. However, currently the county field is a dropdown menu, where editors cannot create by typing. And from my encounters the list is usually empty.

So my suggestions:
1. Rename "County" to "Province/State/County" (this is depending on how each country calls them).
1.1 Use text field instead of dropdown menu. (there could be a risk of messy names due to spelling, meaningless text, etc.), or;
1.2 Still use dropdown menu, but someone (LC or CM) need to properly create the list, and reflect in WME so there is something to choose from.

You are welcomed to share your thoughts. Thanks.
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17108844

Send a message
SG, MY, VN, CN | Wiki User:TserBK

Post by tserBK
After some research, I guess there could be a form to request to add "county" list for a country.
But unfortunately I have not been able to find it.
Can someone point me to such form (if it exists)?
Thank you!
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
SG, MY, VN, CN | Wiki User:TserBK