You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).
Post by vince1612
arthurfsv wrote:Hey vince :)

In Latin America champs forum, there is this topic (in spanish) ...

... Afterwards, the brazilian coordinator wrote that we should use the "Keep it simple" method. Read it here (in english)
At least now I know why this was never a global guidance as far as I had known. ;)
  1. I don't read country forums in general appart from the Swiss one or very specific threads in other countries, but especially not if they are in a language I can't read.
  2. Your second forum link seems to be a Local Champ forum of some kind because even though it's in english, it's private and I can't access/read it. So there is no way I would have been able to see it.
This seems to be a local guidance pushed by Adrian and your Coordinator as far as I can see then.
I am no one to tell another community how to do things, and I guess they can decide. But as far as other communities were concerned, this was discussed at length in a 117 posts thread in the WME beta forum, where Noam clearly said it could not be avoided, I feel like it should be shared here.
redviper26 wrote:Hey guys,

At the moment ...(unrelated discussion)... but you will be able to modify it.

We also realize some segments will have to be split, and there's no avoiding that.

Thanks,

Noam
Source: viewtopic.php?f=211&t=146221&start=40#p1135718
(Accessible only to WME beta testers)

So even though I understand the suggestion and the reason why you made it, it seems that it will only be useful for one community because they decided to do things differently. I'm not sure if the devs will want to spend (probably) a lot of time to re-think the entire speed limits system because of just one group. And my personal opinion is that it would be a lot simpler if Adrian or your Coordinator would rethink their position and realize they can't provide a quality speed limit service if they don't accept to split anything. We have SL's enabled and I guarantee you that you WILL have UR's form people complaining if it's not precise ;)

But it doesn't hurt to try suggesting it, so good luck with it :)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png