You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Update "Add Linked Google Place"

Post by CitizenTraffic
I have noticed that when working with a PP that has a long name, and has multiple locations, it is really not easy to identify if I am working with the correct Google Place.

Example: When working with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, if I use the full name, then add the address, I can never really be sure that I have the correct pin since I cannot verify the information after saving. All I can see is: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter... . https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 72.1531587

It would helpful to have the External Providers box(es) be like the Description box, where it would be expandable to verify/review.

Thanks.
CitizenTraffic

POSTER_ID:17063191

Send a message

Post by dude495
I'd like to extend that to not just R3+ as current but also to all editor levels to at least show it visible to know if a Google Linked place is causing the issue. The feature of editing/adding Google linked places can remain R3+ but at least make it visible to all editors.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png

Post by steelpanz
That's a pretty good point. The linked GP does not reveal the address until after saving. On a related note, if I see multiple results that could possibly match the location I'm attempting to match, I'll populate all of them and save, only to then return back and prune out the incorrect ones. The ones that are most perplexing are those that include only the city and not the related street. But with this, I wish there was a scroll bar as well to show more results, more than just what I believe is a max of 5.

I believe we are still in the infancy of the Linked Google Place. But your suggestion is something that would make it better, sooner.
steelpanz
Send a message