You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Split "Road type" and "Routing" sorts

Post by arthurfsv
I do not mean the current "routing" as it works today (preferred or unfavoured)

Studying several situations, I noticed that the way a road type looks in the map doesn't have to correspond to its routing priority. Therefore, I suggest that "Road type" works as the exibition layout, and the "Routing" works as the current categories behave in terms of... routing!

This would apply to situations like:
Major Highway outside a city would behave as such, having its identification signs and all, and looking like one in the map.
A Primary Road inside a city that gives continuity to the highway mentioned above would behave as a MaH, but without physical highway characteristics (signs, etc.), and would still look like an urban road in the map.

In the current way, we are only able to force routing one category below or above.
As I suggest, we would be able to choose the road layout separately of the routing weight we want. The screenshots below make it clearer:
The attachment SUGrouting1.jpg is no longer available
Reason: In my country, we need to used MaH and Freeway in urban roads that doesn't show highway characteristics. Separating these functions could help representing better the map without losing routings. As the routing preference works today, it wouldn't be enough to satisfy most of the conditions. There could also be a new layer to make it easier to identify routing and visual aspect:
SUGrouting1.jpg
(86.79 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times
arthurfsv
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

POSTER_ID:16957037

Send a message
Attachments
Arthur Fernando
AM - Belo Horizonte (Região oeste, centro e centro-sul)

É iniciante nas edições? Confira estes links básicos: manual, guia e práticas.

Quer melhorar a organização dos Places? Veja esta proposta

Post by vince1612
Good idea, however I will just say that it would be great if Champs and Mentors could show the example by following the guidelines that we ask other users to follow.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png