You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Google Voice & URs

Post by NathanHirschWard
Waze should allow its editors to employ Google Voice phone numbers that they can include in their 1st comment to a user. The user could text with or talk to the editor about the problem instead of going through Waze's clunky chat tool. Far too often, editors have to close URs because of how the reporter didn't respond. Since Google acquired Waze, Google Voice's VoIP service should be used. Using a Google Voice number also provides privacy to the editor. Editors could customize their numbers' area codes if they manage a certain area/state to make them appear more local & knowledgeable.

The editor would say: "While you can reply to this chat via the provided link or in the Waze app, I'll be able to solve the problem more quickly if you text me at +1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX. Thanks!"

Please let me know if this forum was the appropriate one for this post. While it doesn't cover a new future within the editor, it pertains directly to editing.
NathanHirschWard

POSTER_ID:17550627

Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Hi NathanHirschWard. The best way to submit your ideas is to start in the Waze App Feature Requests forum here - viewforum.php?f=657 . Some thoughts of note, Waze developers typically don't read through these forums. This is more for discussing thoughts on how Waze works and also resolving editing questions. In the Feature Requests part of the forum at the top there is a Guidelines on How to request and search for new features listed here - https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box . This is probably the best place to submit your ideas that is viewed by staff but first search to see if others have had the same suggestions. There you can vote up any idea you feel would be helpful to have in the app. I hope this information is helpful to you.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message