Chat Room Kibo - change icon color if my name is called

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Chat Room Kibo - change icon color if my name is called

Postby iainhouse » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Waze HQ have shown no inclination to improve Chat beyond it's initial poor state since introducing it. It's better than nothing, but a whole lot worse than most chat clients.

You might want to look at the WME Chat Addon script. Amongst other functions. this will play a sound whenever a message is posted in Chat and can play a different sound when your name is mentioned. It can also change the Chat icon colour (when chat is closed) based on chosen keywords.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Chat Room Kibo - change icon color if my name is called

Postby Rill » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm

The chat room icon blocks the map, so it is closed most of the editing time .
But is someone is looking for me, and actually mentioning my nick, it would be nice if the Char Room icon would change color to alert me to open it.

(In the old Internet days, someone who's nick was Kibo used to filter all the Usenet feed, and responded to each thread where his nick was mentioned. There were far less people online then...)
Area Manager of Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Beta Tester on NOTE3

[ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
Rill
Area Manager
Area Manager

Return to WME Feature Requests