POI : Allow "elevation" change

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Re: POI : Allow "elevation" change

Postby jm6087 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm

If I am correct, the layers are set in type of place order.

For example:

Roads are always on top of every thing
Islands are on top of water
Water is onto of forests/parks

In your example, IMO, it would make no sense to have the water below the forest, then it would never be seen, and would make no sense to add to the map.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

POI : Allow "elevation" change

Postby Sebiseba » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 pm

When we are drawing some naturals landmarks (rivers, seas, forest...) sometimes the forests are above the rivers, otherwise the inverse.

For example :
River vs Forest.png

At the top, the forest is on the river
At the bottom, the river is on the forest

It would be great if in WME we could influence that, for example by choosing the elevation as for segments.
Sebiseba
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: POI : Allow "elevation" change

Postby Sebiseba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:24 pm

jm6087 wrote:In your example, IMO, it would make no sense to have the water below the forest, then it would never be seen, and would make no sense to add to the map.
I agree, but it should always behave the same way when it is not the case in my example. This is the reason for my request
It is more esay to draw roughly a POI (for example this forest) and more finely the other one (here the river).
Sebiseba
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to WME Feature Requests