You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

POI : Allow "elevation" change

Post by Sebiseba
When we are drawing some naturals landmarks (rivers, seas, forest...) sometimes the forests are above the rivers, otherwise the inverse.

For example :
River vs Forest.png
(288.38 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
At the top, the forest is on the river
At the bottom, the river is on the forest

It would be great if in WME we could influence that, for example by choosing the elevation as for segments.
Sebiseba
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:5061103

Send a message
Coordinator & Local Wiki Master France / Waze algorithm
CM France, French overseas regions & Guyana
AM Yvelines, Eure-et-Loir, Seychelles, French Polynesia, Comoros, Greenland & Xi'An (China)
Scripts Bookmarks / Map Tiles Update / Color Errors

Post by jm6087
If I am correct, the layers are set in type of place order.

For example:

Roads are always on top of every thing
Islands are on top of water
Water is onto of forests/parks

In your example, IMO, it would make no sense to have the water below the forest, then it would never be seen, and would make no sense to add to the map.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Sebiseba
jm6087 wrote:In your example, IMO, it would make no sense to have the water below the forest, then it would never be seen, and would make no sense to add to the map.
I agree, but it should always behave the same way when it is not the case in my example. This is the reason for my request
It is more esay to draw roughly a POI (for example this forest) and more finely the other one (here the river).
Sebiseba
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator & Local Wiki Master France / Waze algorithm
CM France, French overseas regions & Guyana
AM Yvelines, Eure-et-Loir, Seychelles, French Polynesia, Comoros, Greenland & Xi'An (China)
Scripts Bookmarks / Map Tiles Update / Color Errors